Reservations or not??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
    We traveled through southern Alberta, up through Banff & Jasper, over to Edmonton then east in early June with no difficulty.  However, this is Canada's 150 anniversary, there are a lot of celebrations and specials going on everywhere, so without local town knowledge, it is impossible to answer your question.  I would expect that you wouldn't have a problem, but I don't know.

Ed

Stovepipe wells is not run by the main concessionair like furnace creek is. I think its a private company that owns/runs it. That is why you received a discount....right??

john owens said:
Stovepipe wells is not run by the main concessionair like furnace creek is. I think its a private company that owns/runs it. That is why you received a discount....right??

That doesn't explain why we received a discount at Colter Bay which, I believe, is run by Xanterra, the main park concessionaire. 

The Grand Teton Lodge Company run the parks, once in website  (link below) click Learn More and this shows discounts available. Mostly for Golden Age or Golden Access.

http://www.gtlc.com/rv

SeilerBird said:
They do give a small discount to pass holders but not 50%. With the discount it is still overpriced.

Good morning Tom  ;D

Yes it is still pricey, but we didnt grudge it as we loved the location and being out in the wilderness  (Gros Ventre) and you can only stay for a few weeks at a time anyhow. Wouldn't want to spend that much every night. Although if you only go out a few weeks a year I guess it's acceptable.

Not sure there are many free spots around there but I suppose I should really look!

Have a lovely day, hope it's a but warmer and you're back in your shorts.  8)

SeilerBird said:
It is 46 degrees here now. I used to stay at the Colter Bay Campground for free.

Brrrr. Lucky you! Wonderful place, high up on my list, tough to pick a favourite and nother sure I could.  ;D

SeilerBird said:
They do give a small discount to pass holders but not 50%. With the discount it is still overpriced.

As real estate agents always say "location, location, location!"  Colter Bay is a great location from which to explore the Tetons.  Being able to walk to Jackson Lake for ranger talks, etc, is IMHO well worth the cost.  We would have stayed regardless of whether or not there was a discount.

docj said:
As real estate agents always say "location, location, location!"  Colter Bay is a great location from which to explore the Tetons.  Being able to walk to Jackson Lake for ranger talks, etc, is IMHO well worth the cost.  We would have stayed regardless of whether or not there was a discount.
It is also close to every other cool thing in the park. The Native American Museum, the Visitors Center, Oxbow Bend, and Signal Mountain.

Back
Top Bottom