Rexhall Rose Air

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RedandSilver

I may be going to look at the above RV next week.  It is a little over 200 miles away.

I printed out the Buying a used motorhome checklist and will take that with me.

For those that have one - is there anything in particular I should be on the look out for?
It's a 2002 with around 60K miles Asking $50K.  Is this about right?
From the images it appears to be in good condition (that's why I may drive to look at it) But almost no one shows you
the underside in photos of their RV. Also there is nothing like being there and seeing it with your own two eyes, right?

I haven't seen too many of this model available for sale, which could be good or bad.  If people really like them
they might tend to hang on to them if they are a good unit - or maybe they didn't sell to well so there are not too many around.  IDK

But I thought I'd ask if there are any owners out there that know what might be an issue with these units and tell me what to look for.

Where does the Rose Air unit fall within the Rexhall lineup?  I know it's not the bottom of the line but don't know if it's the top of the line either.
Do they still make that unit of Rexhall? 
I see most posts taking about Fleetwood's, Discovery's, American Coach, Country Coach, and a dozen others but not to much about Rexhall's.
Is there a reason they are not as popular?  Just curious.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Rexhall was a small but innovative rv builder that had no dealers. One had to buy direct from the factory. I think the Rose Air  was the top of the line but I am not positive of this. I own a 96 Aerbus and love it and will be looking for a newer Rexhall in the future. Rexhall is not building any rv's at this time and may be closing it's doors soon.

the Rose Air was top of the line for Rexhall.

Bill Rex, the owner/founder was an innovative engineer and the Rexhall company is now Chinese owned and building electric buses.

Rexalls are known as one of the better built mid level motorhomes, typically with big slides one of the best layouts....(and fireplaces)

They always used good quality components and built one of the best all steel frame structures, They are one of the only mid-grades with a solid fiberglass roof on every model.
The diesels used the bullet proof Cummins Allison combo and Sparton chassis.

about the only down side of a Rexhall...cost effective cabinetry.

There are some older (but informative) posts here:  http://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/rexhall-motorhomes-42392.html  (Found that site on Google)

There are lots of newer posts at irv2.com>Forums>Owner Forums>Rexhall ....... in case you haven't already visited that site.

You would be buying an "orphan" ........... but that's true in many, many cases.  Support from other owners would be available and would be very helpful, especially if you are a DIY'er.  FWIW

Best............

Hardly any of the brands popular in 2002 are still in production, or at least not by the same company. Orphan status is a pretty common state of affairs and not much concern since most components come from 3rd party suppliers anyway.

So would any of you either buy a used Rexhall or stay away from them?

My concerns are that if I buy this 2002 I'm thinking about going to look at as my first RV and then don't care for it (or Rving - hope not)
Will I be able to sell it and not take a big hit money wise?

If I do like it - and it needs parts down the road will they be hard to get? or Cost more then usual?

Other issues - tell me if these are of a concern.

There is only one fuel filter that they know of so more then likely no filter before the lift pump like many say is needed.
The generator isn't designed to pull out.
The Jake brake is single stage.
It's 15 years old.  Harder for me to sell in 2-3 years?
The engine is not made anymore - discontinued.  8.3 Cummings.
There are only 2 slides - but are hydraulic.
No full paint? as there are graphic stickers? on the unit.

Not trying to talk myself out of looking at it -just want to make a smart buy and not get burned.  I know there are few guarantees in life,
but asking knowledgeable people what they might do should help the odds of making a better decision.

Please let me know ASAP your thoughts on the above.  Thanks in advance.

Hello,This was a while ago but I'm hoping you bought the Rose-Air and could give me your opinion on the rig? I'm looking at one now a 2000 Rose-Air gas model. I would perfer a diesel and may keep looking,but this one is cherry and low-miles at a fair price. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Ross

There are very few affordable motorhomes with a solid fiberglass roof.

... we've owned and loved our Rexhall for over 7 years now.

smogdog said:
Hello,This was a while ago but I'm hoping you bought the Rose-Air and could give me your opinion on the rig? I'm looking at one now a 2000 Rose-Air gas model. I would perfer a diesel and may keep looking,but this one is cherry and low-miles at a fair price. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Ross

I did buy the unit as you can see from my signature.

I do like it very much and the diesel is one of my favorite features and I'm glad it's a diesel.
I tow a trailer and have been on hills were I have used all or almost all the power and torque
which is much higher than in a gas unit.
However many people seem to have the gas version and they are happy with those as well.

If the one your looking at has too few miles that might mean it sat for a long time between trips which
isn't usually a good thing.

Overall I'm very happy with mine.  The diesel's seem to be a rarity as I have only seen one in person and only 2 or 3 online.
The Rose Air was the top of the line and it shows even more so in the diesel version IMO.

Good luck in your search for a Rexhall as I still believe they are high end units.

Back
Top Bottom