Rexhall XL3600 1999 wide body, no slideouts, I'm KAS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KAS

Ours is a government auction item.  Has a bit of corner damage that is repaired, and hubby is dealing with the leaks around the AC, but both AC run well, the inside is an unusual space.

It has FIVE desks!  A bathroom and snack ares (sink, microwave, cupboard and refrigerator (frig never used). 

the RV is an 8 1/2 foot wide body, 36 foot long, no slide-outs.

I need to see possible floor plans for inspiration.  We will be pulling the desks out, probably all of them.  I want to redo the bathroom hubby says it does not need to be redone  ;)  I still hope to redo it. 

I need to add a bit to the kitchen.  I want to add a short counter with a two burner propane stove and electric oven-- only need the oven to be a broiler and pizza baking oven. I'm thinking a fold-out counter and then use two stools.   

Need to be able to sleep six. Need to add four more seats with seat belts for traveling down the road. Need to add pet travel spaces, and have a nice spot for me to work at the computer. 

I'm thinking of creating a bunk room out of the area behind the kitchen/bathroom pod, and a large fold out bed of some sort toward the front.

Have to have someplace inside for my autoharps in padded cases too and I have no idea what else.

I told hubby I want to be read for a long road trip next summer.  Hopefully be able to do a couple weekend jaunts before then as shake-downs.

Its a great project!  8)

Sounds like a fun project, please keep us posted with pictures... we all love pictures.

Well, we ALMOST managed to get the RV up and running for a shake down.  But ran out of time so had to go by car and hotel--oh well! Hubby found the screws all around the top were backing out of their holes and had to lift the rubber to set them properly then glued down the membrane again. There is an aluminum platform over the membrane so he didn't want to have to replace what looks to be a perfectly good rubber roof. This repair took up the time that had been allotted to installing pressure monitors on the tires.  We make progress! 

I found a bus conversion that has a kitchen like I WANT to do in this RV!  here: http://bluebirdmama.com/2012/06/eliza-brownhome-2-0/ 

I love her kitchen.  I love her storage.  I love their boldness.

I keep thinking and planning.  So we are further along the planning than we were, and closer to being sound enough in the hardware and roof, etc. to be able to begin to think we might be ready for interior work.

8)  I hope I can do as much with our interior as the family in that link to the bus has done with theirs.

Wow! That is a fantastic kitchen!

Can we see pix of your interior before you demolish it? :D

We are fans of this type of floor plan:
http://www.westsidemotorcoach.com/Floorplans/2400SMLE.gif

The straddled bath separating the main cabin from the master bedroom works very nicely. We have four girls and it is nice to have our own space in the back.

Our rig is similar to the above but we still would like to add more sleeping in case one of the girls wants to have a friend along. Current thoughts are a way to add a minimally invasive bed over the two front seats when parked (ours is an A class without top bunk)

Keep us posted!
Stella

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gregcss43
Back
Top Bottom