Rhino sewer hose storage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HRDWRK

Hi There:
When we picked up our RV the guy at the part store was talking all about this Rhino sewer hose. How great it is and how easy it makes the connection. Guess what? We came home with one since our RV didn't have any sewer hose. My understanding is the sewer hose gets stored inside the rear bumper but the problem is the connection at one end of this Rhino hose is slightly larger than the inside diameter of the rear bumper! So, any ideas? has anybody has similar issue? where do you store your sewer hose.
Thanks for helping this newbie.

I used the 5 inch PVC fence post and mounted mine across underneath behind the rear mud flaps. I really like the look of what that guy did but I still don't the idea of dragging the hose into the water bay to put it away. I put a clear 6 inch straight extension on the dump connection. When I take the screw-in trap door out of the floor of the wet bay my hose passes straight up to connect to the clear extension. So only that end of the hose is ever in the wet bay. I can hook the three sections of Rhino hose together and all three fit in the fence post. I only pull out what I need and the other hoses stay stored in the fence post. I store the sewer connection in a covered tub.
It may be easier for you to fasten the fence post on top or underneath your bumper.

go to any hardware store and buy an 8ft length of black PVC pipe then find your local weatherguard dealer

http://www.weatherguard.com/ and buy this kit Model 239 conduit carrier kit it works with the 6"pvc pipe and allows you to cap one end and have a latched other end and attach the pipe to the frame on your trailer

Attachments

• 239_PI.jpeg
    239_PI.jpeg
    10 KB · Views: 35
It's not just the Rhino hose - the connectors at the RV end is an industry standard type but few of those hollow bumpers are sized to hold a hose with the connector attached. Duh!

In any case, you can buy a manufactured hose container, or make one yourself from PVC pipe or a PVC fence post (square tube). Or since the Rhino collapses down nicely, put it in a cheap plastic box and stow it wherever you can.

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/64-e-z-hose-carrier-black/60174
http://www.doityourselfrv.com/rv-mods-sewer-hose/

http://www.modmyrv.com/2008/12/20/sewer-hose-storage-tube
Made one for the top of my rear bumper. 5x5 inch fence post from Home Depot

Lots of great ideas.  I see Amazon even sells a pvc kit for around $40.
Without hijacking the thread, it would be interesting to hear what useful items could be stored in the vacant bumper once an alternative is installed for the drain hose.  How 'bout fishing equip?  I wonder if putting a smaller diameter pvc inside the bumper could then hold and protect canned goods for lengthy boondocking needs?  Any ideas?

Here's one idea that I found but I'm sure there are lots of uses:

"I installed the 5″ square fence post type onder the 5er right next to the dump connection, sure is handy. The ony thing the back bumper is used for now is to store a spare hose. I also took a length of 4″ thin wall sewer pipe and split it so I could fit it into the rear bumper after I painted the inside of the bumper, that was before the storage mod under the 5er. Now I use the back bumper to store a extra sewer hose inside the pvc liner. Have not removed the end caps on the back in a year."

"I also installed the 5″ square fence post type under the 5er right next to the dump connection, sure is handy. The only thing the back bumper is used for now is to store a spare hose after  I also took a length of 4″ thin wall sewer pipe and split it so I could fit it into the rear bumper after I painted the inside of the bumper, that was before the storage mod under the 5er. Now I now use the back bumper just to store the extra sewer hose inside the PVC liner. Have not removed the end caps on the back in a year."

tvman44 said:
after I painted the inside of the bumper, that was before the storage mod under the 5er. Now I now use the back bumper just to store the extra sewer hose inside the PVC liner.

I don't have a rear bumper on this RV so it doesn't concern me but others may want to know how you painted the inside of your square bumper.  I did it years ago using a block of wood (like a 4" X 4" X 6" long) covered with a thick layer of cloth. I installed eye screws on each end of the block then tied a rope to the eye screws.  I soaked the cloth with the paint then pulled it back and forth until I felt the inside was covered with paint. Of course it took two people.

I have two tubs in the bay next to the wet bay.

In one tub, I have a separate little plastic box (nothing wet every goes in there) that has all of my spare connectors, like teflon tape, the cap I put on the open end of the water softener when I store it for travel, extra fittings, etc. In the same tub I have all of the hose I use when hooking up to city water.

In the other tub I have all of my Rhino hose, its extensions, the gunky hose I use to do the black tank flush, and the various hook ups to different sewer connections. When I unhook the Rhino hose, preparing to leave camp, I can collapse it right into the tub without any of it hitting the ground.

One tub is the potable water tub. The other one is the crappy stuff tub. Works good so far.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeeRob
Back
Top Bottom