RoadTrek 12v battery system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tsir1

I just purchased a 1994 RoadTrek on Dodge 350 chassis.  The house battery has been disconnected from the system, the battery disconnect relay has been bypassed, and the Power Guard P-30 has been disconnected.
I am going to rewire this, with new parts.
Anyone have thoughts on why this may have been bypassed?
Suggestions?
Tim

The Power Guard P=30 is apparently a surge fuse.  Thanks for the response.  I thought this might be a coomon problem that someone may have dealt with before.

I can see no reason to bypass the battery disconnect solenoid (Relay) save for failure of either the relay or it's control switch. I did have a control switch fail on me, and when it did that was the temp fix.. I later fixed the switch.

As for disconnecting the battery.. Some folks do that when they store the rig, Disconnecting the battery physically is the best way, in fact ONLY WAY to insure it is 100% disconnected.

As for bypassing or disconnecting the Power Guard... Not sure what that is exactly (There are a few possible candidates) but if it's a 120 volt incoming power guard system then should park power be a bit "Wild" (not sticking to the 110-120 volt spec) they tend to annoy by shutting off and requiring you manually reset..  Some folks whoud rather disconnect than put up with the hassle of resetting several times a day due to out of spec voltage

I prefer to compalin to park management when that happens.. Im paying for good power after all, it's their responsibility to deliver

If it is the converter... Well.. likely due to a failure or due to it being single stage and you may have a second converter somewhere in the rig..

If you are near S.E. michigan I can look it over,  Several other members here have the skills as well and one may be close to you

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macamiguin
Back
Top Bottom