Rockwood Travel Trailers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've had one and liked it currently i'm on my 3rd forest river product.
But you can get good and bad examples of every brand and model.

We've had very few problems with ours.  Sometimes there are Lemons.  We were fortunate and didn't get one.

I purchased a Rockwood Forest River Mini Lite 1 year ago. The worst purchase I have ever made. I will now stay away from any and all Rockwood products for ever. My impression is very very poor workmanship and materials. I have not purchased any other campers in my life so I cannot give you a comparison to another manufacturer but I can tell you from my experience that the Rockwood product that I purchased was a dream killer. Good Bye to camping thanks to Rockwood!!! Don't get fooled like I did.   

We currently own a Rockwood Ultralite 2604 WS.
Very happy with it ,  few minor fixes done by our excellent local dealer under warranty.
It is our third Rockwood, and the next one will probably be another one, due mainly to the quality of service we get from our local dealer.
Don't let the others drive you away.....you like it...go for it!
No brand is perfect !
Enjoy your new unit.
Black

Frizlefrak said:
It's a box on wheels with stuff inside of it.

Find a floor plan and features you like that is within the weight range of your tow vehicle and buy it.  A good deal of the "it's bad" stuff you'll hear on here is simple snobbery.  Sorry, but that's the way I see it.

Not everybody is retired, has all the free time in the world, and $200K to spend on an RV.  A lot of us work long hours, get the thing out 4 weekends a year if we're lucky, and don't want to spend more than $25K new for a camper.  A lot of us also don't have a 2012 F450 to pull it with either....and to get the space we want, we select a "lite" trailer.  Will that have the build quality of a top-of-the-line unit?  Probably not.  Will it meet our needs for the next 2 decades until we do retire (God willing)?  Probably.

There you have it.  Buy the unit you like and don't worry about anyone else's opinion of it.  There's a butt for every seat, and a seat for every butt.

Well put! I have a brand that often gets bashed, but it suits how I use it.

Although neither were Rockwoods, we have had two of what are considered by most to be entry level trailers since 2007. We made 6 trips from the East coast to the mountain states and 6 trips to Florida putting over 49,000 miles on the first trailer. The only major repair was a wheel bearing that overheated and had to be replaced. Driving a travel trailer down the highway is like subjecting it to a moderate earth quake. Things are going to rattle loose. We traded that trailer in after six years and the cost of ownership (not including routine maintenance and tires) worked out to just about $2,000/year. We have put about 5,800 miles on the new trailer in its first year and have had no issues other than having to tighten up a few loose screws and trim pieces. My point in this is that cost of ownership and value for the $ are considerations in addition to initial cost.

As for Forest River and Rockwood products, Forest River commands 34% of the trailer market and produces 3 of the top 4 selling brands of trailers. The Rockwood brand is number 4. As mentioned, there does not seem to be a trailer brand that is immune to problems/complaints so the complaints about Forest River and Rockwood may simply be a matter of higher volume produced/sold.

In my opinion, if buying from a dealer, the dealer makes all the difference. When we purchased our second trailer, the dealer assigned one technician to walk through the PDI with me, a second to address any issues we found, and a third to install the weight distribution/sway control hitch. The PDI took a little over 3 hours. Because they had a technician go through and prep the RV before the PDI we found only a couple of minor issues during the PDI.

Good Luck with your search for the right trailer for you!!! 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anewvisionllc
Back
Top Bottom