Roof leaked

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

outofhere2

I have a problem with the roof of our camper in the front . It seems that the transition PC between the front cap and the roof material has separated apparently it has leaking for some time. It is getting cold and I am making fast repairs before winter. My question is has any one ever use the roof sealant gorilla waterproof patches and sealant liquid rubber I know that this needs total rebuild but I am out of time I don't whant to put a silicone sealant on it I have but a dicor pathing on it any thoughts

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply I have put 3 inch eternabond bond tape all along the seam along with dicor self leveling caulk but I also wanted to put a large coating over it all

Thanks for the reply I have put 3 inch eternabond bond tape all along the seam along with dicor self leveling caulk but I also wanted to put a large coating over it all
I would leave it just the way you have it now. You should be fine.

Sealant is like knots. More is not better... Use the right knot and the load stays secure.

Use the right sealing and the water stays out. I think (like the others) you will be fine over the winter with what you have done.

Sealant is like knots. More is not better... Use the right knot and the load stays secure.
It’s funny now that you mentioned knots, I worked at a naval shipyard on submarines and I had an old rigger one time tell me that if I didn’t know how to tie a knot, tie a lot of them. 👍⚓

He wasn't doing you any favors - 😉

It's like my first A&P job at the local airport. The old dudes sent me into town to buy some Flight Line. I took off in the company truck and went to a movie. At the end of the day I came back and said, "I went to three different towns and no one had any flight line. If you want I will go out tomorrow and look some more. I can even pick up some prop wash if we're running low."

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big Dog
Back
Top Bottom