Roof Vent?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pojo

I have what appears to be a roof vent similar to the plumbing vent on the front of the roof of my Adventurer. What this vent for? 

pojo said:
I have what appears to be a roof vent similar to the plumbing vent on the front of the roof of my Adventurer. What this vent for?

Many RV's (namely with a rounded roof) have what could be called: Attic Vents. It's there to let the space between the Roof, and the Ceiling to vent air..  Just like a House would have ? Prevents heat & moisture build up.

Some have One, some may have More, depending on the RV length (square footage of the "attic").

On Edit. There is also some Industry thought that Venting an RV roof (attic space) will [help] prevent EDPM roofing from Delaminating (bubbling), as well as an added insulation value ? (maybe)

My 2004 Adventurer has nothing like that. There is no attic space to vent either. Maybe something someone added to run wires to a satellite antenna?

Pictures?

ennored said:
My 2004 Adventurer has nothing like that. There is no attic space to vent either. Maybe something someone added to run wires to a satellite antenna?

Pictures?

Some RV Brands and their product lines & models have the Vents (as a feature) (Marketing tool) Some don't ?

On my RV  the owner's manual said there was a "Drill Here" sticker on the roof where the wires for a Roof Top Sat antenna were hiding, There was no such sticker,  But dead center in the roof was a Plumbing vent.. Yup, that was where the wires were, inside the vent.

Back
Top Bottom