Rookie bought a Class C

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LindaV

Hello -

The other day I bought a 2005 Coachmen Leprechaun sort of on a whim. I wanted to rent on to take my family on vacation this summer, and they were super expensive to rent. When I stumbled across them for sale, I was suprised by the price. Looked around, found a couple to drive, and within a week or so, I was driving it home. OMGoodness, what have I done.

I'm in Minnesota - and though its still a bit cold, I took it by myself to a state park last weekend for one night - how AWESOME it was! Just me and my dog - and about three other campers in the state park. So quiet!

This weekend my kids and I are driving it to North Dakota for the weekend. Will be parked in my parents' driveway, but still our first big weekend away. We are so excited!

Sometimes I just go out and sit in it.

I don't know much about RVs - other than my parents had one growing up and we went on 2 week vacations every summer. What an adventure this will be. So far, I know what I need to know. Dealing with water and sewer once the weather warms up will be another adventure.

So glad to have found this site!

Linda

welcome to the forum and congrats- sounds like your "hooked" on camping already! when got our first trailer we had happy hour in it until our first trip. we have never looked back, ours was also an impulse buy.

I, too, bought (sort of) on a whim.  Never looked back.  Got what I believe (and that's what counts) was a smokin' hot deal on mine, and had to put some money in it for tires, and some normal wear and tear items.  This will be my third season (when it warms up) and I can't wait.  Congratulations on your purchase.  You and your family will make many, many wonderful memories in it.  Enjoy!

This forum has helped me a lot.  There is no question too stupid.  Someone always seems to have an answer. 

Happy Camping!

Linda,

Welcome to the best RV forum there is.

Minnesota is only 'kinda cold'?  LOL.  I've been there in January and I know better.

You may want to pay special attention to the posts about winterizing.  Bad things happen when water freezes in RVs.  Sometimes expensive things.  I'm in California and I keep a couple of gallons of RV water system antifreeze on hand.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thumpercolt
Back
Top Bottom