Route / Trip planning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am looking for a route / trip planing app for iPad. I currently have copilot and don't care for it. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Kim and All,
I find copilot cumbersome to use. I want to be able to plan out each day's travel, I know you can add stops but I don't like having to guesstimate distances. I saw a screen shot of an app that had the ability to put travel rings for set distances but can't remember what it was. Old brain fart ;D  also the drag route is somewhat difficult on an iPad. The ability to have RV parks and fuel stops is important to me. I find I have to switch between copilot and all stay. Maybe it is just me?
Thanks for any help or ideas :D

Over the years, being in the business, I have seen many apps written by someone who wants you to use what they wrote, not what you need or they misidentified their audience. And then they get mad when you don't love their invention!

That conflict has spawned many a new app - now might be the right time!

Roland Schwarz said:
Kim and All,
I find copilot cumbersome to use. I want to be able to plan out each day's travel, I know you can add stops but I don't like having to guesstimate distances. I saw a screen shot of an app that had the ability to put travel rings for set distances but can't remember what it was. Old brain fart ;D  also the drag route is somewhat difficult on an iPad. The ability to have RV parks and fuel stops is important to me. I find I have to switch between copilot and all stay. Maybe it is just me?

Too bad that you cannot install a Streets & Trips version on your famous iPad !

Roland Schwarz said:
Kim and All,

I think you're looking for RVTripWizard.com I use it and like it.

It is an app and it does have the rings I was talking about. The learning banks.com has a tutorial and it does seem good. They suggest using it and the Good Sam trip planer together. I think I am going to try this.

I have worked with RV Trip Wizard for two days and it seems to do pretty much what I wanted and is fairly easy to use.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rubytuesday
Back
Top Bottom