Rudeness...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO ).............the "Electronic Device" is probably responsible for more traffic accidents than drunk driving is today.

cell phones kill motorcyclist,    I know several people killed by these same people that are addicted to their..... 'Electronic Device' .

Alas I know someone who texts while driving....
I have my own way of doing that.. I usually have the phone in a holder, playing TORQUE (A Glass Dash application) monitoring engine performance..  So when a message beeps in I can glance and read the pop up so I know what it is.. "New sale at Tangier Mall" Ignore it.. Something Important from the young lady above.. Find a parking spot and deal with it, then continue on.

NH passed a law recently banning the use of a cell phone while driving, period. Even if you're stopped at a red light or a stop sign. It's still illegal.  I love it.  :)

Sounds like NH is a little slow Rene; California passed such a law some years ago, and subsequently passed a separate "no texting while driving" law. Mayor Chan of Oakland was caught on video clearly holding her phone up; She was let off, claiming she was using the GPS app, not making a call or texting  ::)

Tom said:
Sounds like NH is a little slow Rene; California passed such a law some years ago, and subsequently passed a separate "no texting while driving" law.

We are a little slow.  ;D :D ;)  Some people still have Princess phones. How many members never heard of them?  No more party lines either.

I have been in the New England area for a while now, and have seen tons of people messing with their phones while driving. It's easy to tell, they are the ones driving slower, and slower, and slower........

Rene T said:
Some people still have Princess phones. How many members never heard of them?

We don't have a land line, but DW still has a pink Princess phone.Our granddaughter that recently turned four loves to play with it.

scottydl said:
Ah yes "walking while texting" could be the next major threat out there on the streets... threat to themselves that is. 

We toured James Madison's Montpelier today. The tour was over, and our group was going down the stairs from the 2nd floor. An older teen with the group fell down several stairs because he was........you guessed it....texting or whatever on his phone!!!!

What a great kid that teenager must be! I hope you helped him up and expressed concern for any bumps he may have received.

He was probably using a mouse tracks or other program to save his aged grandparents a few steps going back to the car. What a kid!!

azwinne said:
Maybe this is a sign that some restaurants need to take the initiative and introduce a dining area with a "cell free zone". How hard would it be to build a room with a Faraday cage around it so no electronics would operate within the area?

I kind of like this idea. But not physically blocking the signal, just an enforced rule. Remember being asked by the hostess "smoking or non-smoking?" Now it can be "texting or non-texting?"

TonyDtorch said:
IMO ).............the "Electronic Device" is probably responsible for more traffic accidents than drunk driving is today.

cell phones kill motorcyclist,    I know several people killed by these same people that are addicted to their..... 'Electronic Device' .

I just lost a friend this year that had made it thru life 85 years. He was in great health and was working with his son doing landscaping when he was run over by a person on their cellphone. He was against the curb on a standup mower in a residential neighborhood when she crushed him.

Rene T said:
We are a little slow.  ;D :D ;)  Some people still have Princess phones. How many members never heard of them?  No more party lines either.

We don't have a Princess, but we do have a couple of Trimline's (R), one on the wall and one on a nightstand.  ::)
They're especially helpful if the power goes out, since they're powered from the central office.

British Columbia has a law against using hand held devices while driving and the fines recently got much stiffer. Some still don't get it, one recently lost her license after the 15th ticket. The fines were just part of the cost of doing business. A bylaw has been proposed to ban texting while walking in public places in Vancouver but it likely won't fly. Even if it does enforcement would be difficult to say the least.
I try not to sweat the small stuff. I recently attended a funeral, one of the family members who was old enough to know better wore his ball cap during the service. Very rude but none of my business, same with a hat on at the table. If somebody is talking loudly on a phone I just move away. I don't have the right to not be offended.

My wife was called into work (Hospice On Call) Saturday because the Duty On Call Nurse was going to a patient's house and had her laptop open on the passenger seat and speculation was, she may have looked down at the computer and drive at the same time and hit a curb, bounced over it and hit a tree and was injured severely, taken to Iowa City on the Life Flight Helicopter.  She was taken off the machines today. She did not make it.

From one stand point this is tragic.  From  another, at least she took no one else along with her.

My wife told me that the reason Hospital Hospice Dept went to computers for the Hospice nurses was because a couple of years ago another nurse died in an accident and Patient Records (paper) were strewn all across the accident site and many were lost.

Tom Hoffman said:
What is going on?  Have the people completely lost their minds?  Where does this rudeness come from? 

I have seen the commercial about "digital dead walkers"  I guess I am now starting to slightly understand.  I think that these digitally addicted could be led off a cliff like lemmings and the world would be a better place.

Welcome to the real fake world!
I don't think is rudeness, it's a real disease. Virtual world is addictive and so the victims are addicts. It's like any drug, it creates dependency and they feel real discomfort if they stop using the internet, games, apps, etc.
Last week our family with my father in-law where walking in the park, I was with the kids at the play area and DH and his dad where talking politics, etc. Then we noticed dozens of people, mostly young, in their 20's, walking in groups or in couples, staring at their phones, all of them... Some where holding one hand, while the other was active on the phone. We live in a small city, but the "zombie bug" is everywhere. And now is a complete hysteria going on with that Pokemon game... :eek:
The computer, tablet, laptop do the same thing. So many people are spending the vast majority of their awake time, in front of a gadget of some kind.

Attachments

• zombies.jpeg
    zombies.jpeg
    91.3 KB · Views: 25
This entire thread would be hilarious except for the fact that conversations such as this will soon be taking place:

"Hey Mom, did I have grandparents?"

"Of course you did... here, I'll send you a picture of them."

Quillback 424 said:
This entire thread would be hilarious except for the fact that conversations such as this will soon be taking place:

"Hey Mom, did I have grandparents?"

"Of course you did... here, I'll send you a picture of them."

They are the one's with nothing in there hands.  ;D

This thread has become even more true with the explosion of Pokemon Go recently.  It's a digital app game that is based on GPS maps and requires users to physically travel around their areas to locate different goals in the game (not unlike geocaching with time restrictions).  Now there are all sorts of recent documented cases of people walking out in traffic, trespassing on restricted property, and basically having no regard for themselves/others... all in the name of finding some digital trinket that means nothing.

I was following what I thought to be a drunk driver last week. When he finally pulled over, I could see that the idiot was playing Pokemon while driving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timothious
Back
Top Bottom