Running Generator for Cooling Coach while on the Road

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
seilerbird said:
In order to compare the two you would need to run the exact same route at the exact same speed for the exact same time at the exact same temperature. Otherwise you are comparing apples to oranges.

I was simply making an observation.  if I know that I have a 10% loss in mileage running the dash AC and I can calculate my average MPG, then compare that to the known average fuel usage of the genset I can make an informed decision (assuming that fuel economy is my only deciding factor).  Personall in hot weather I prefer a cool coach, and even if the genset were to use a slightly higher amount of fuel than dash air I feel that, for myself, I'd choose to use it rather than to have to wait for the entire coach to cool down after landing.

When I arrive at my destination I generally go outside and immediately prep the site (awning, grilll, table and chairs, etc.) so I also make sure to have a cold beer ready as well as a cool coach.   8)

I'm with Mike and Sherrie above.  I like a cool coach.

When it gets warm outside, we run the dash air.

When it gets warm inside, we run both the basement airs AND the dash air.

It doesn't bother me in the slightest that it might be costing me another $1/hour to run both.  ::)

When our coach is moving and cool is needed, 9 out of 10 times we will turn on the gennie and use the roof air(s).  I will on occassion use the dash air on max cool to keep it excercised. 8)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GandalfTheGrey
Back
Top Bottom