RV Balcony?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Huh... that is, interesting to say the least.  Very small amount of space there, and it kinda takes you away from that open campground feeling when you're sitting out "regular style" in the lawn chairs.  I guess you could still toss logs on the campfire from up there!  ::)

I don't care for it at all. When I am camping I am in and out of the coach frequently and having to come out, walk the length of the "porch" and then take the steps down to the ground would be a hassle. Also, what would the coach look like when on the road with the porch folded up, would it impede getting in and out of the coach ?

Woody

Cntrtwnltdsler said:
Hi,
   I was just looking around online and I found a picture of the latest Country Coach and I thought it was a nice idea, but I have my doubts about it's sturdyness. I was curious to hear what others had to say. I am not interested in buying this motorhome but it is interesting to look at.

http://lazydays.com/rvs/Motorhomes/CountryCoach/Country-Coach-Veranda-600-Diesel-Motorhomes-001.html

The 2009 Blue Bird Wanderlodge has one that looks exactly the same.  I guess everyone will try it.

We looked at it last week at the FMCA Convention and it is very nice but because of the weight for strengthening the frame it takes away from cargo carrying weight.  It doesn't impede getting in and out of the coach when closed.  You do lose storage space inside and can't remember if there where storage bays under it, but if there were you wouldn't be able to get at them when the patio is out.  Since we have no intentions of getting a new coach it is a moot point and a $500,000+ price tag would definitely be a no, no for us.

We saw the Veranda model on a Magna chassis, $821,000 sticker. There were storage bay doors under the Veranda but  ??? ??? ???

Looking at it again... it's even worse than my original opinion!  :p  Especially for such a high-priced rig.  I've seen newer TT's with household sliding doors like those also, and I'm sorry to say (hope I'm not offending anyone) it really downplays the appearance of these RV's and screams "white trash".  Not sure why but that's the impression I get.  I mean hey, I guess there's a little bit of white trash in all of us camping folk... but it's not a label I actively pursue.  ;)

Photo Gallery

Check out the photo gallery.  Look at the guy fishing.  I bet the wife would LOVE it for me to have a bucket of worms up there and flinging live fish over my shoulder into the kitchen to clean and cook...

yeah...that would fly... :p

Kind of nice that this company is at least trying something different. A lot of class A plans look pretty much the same as the next one.

Saw the balcony photos in a recent RV magazine, looks great with the angles from probably a mediium or large format camera.  Someone out there will certainly gotta have it, but not me.  Impressive new design though.  I'm waiting for a "pull up" 2nd floor design, instead of pullouts, balconies, and aft end garages for the smart car.  Wow, the breeze would great sleeping weather for a bedroom up top!
DM

summerwinds, you get your wish!  ;D

I took my MH in for AC repair last week. While there, they were displaying a 5th wheel with a "pull up," as you describe it. I meant to take a picture, as I left, but forgot.  :(

Basically, a second story room on top of the 5er. You might forget to take down your antenna, before moving, but you better not forget to lower that upstairs bedroom!  :eek:  That turkey was really tall!

Oh, the sides of that upstairs room were fabric. I'll try to get a picture, if it's still there when I pick up my MH.

Anybody else seen that thing?  ???

Ray D  ;D

I liked the balcony idea.  I would add an ME  configuration with a sub-floor motorcycle parking area and even a raised roof.  R&D nowadays, even in the living space,  is tough.  Making it more attractive is cool.  Sorry you do not like it.  Good place for margaritas!
Phil

I'm 3 days into my Class A experience so my opinions haven't been fully formed but I think it would be great if you had a disability that required a wheelchair or had some other mobility issue. Otherwise I'm not sure I could put it to use. But innovation has to start somewhere...when they have a full wrap-around Plantation style porch, I'll be back to look. ;)

I think the 5er you saw was made by Outback. I drove by one at teh dealership on my way to work last week. Thought it was strange looking, but if it's functional....

John90XJ said:
I'm 3 days into my Class A experience so my opinions haven't been fully formed but I think it would be great if you had a disability that required a wheelchair or had some other mobility issue...

That's a good point...

Well if someone had a mobility issue, you would think that they could make the coach wheel chair accessible. It is a nice thought, but I don't think that is their target market.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thumpercolt
Back
Top Bottom