RV Dishwasher

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john owens

Anybody have a dishwasher (non human) in their rig? Our 2011 came with one but was not a factory install. Turns out it doesn't work...go figure...so I looked online for a replacement. Kitchen aide was the original...not made any more. So I ended up buying one that would fit exact. Fisher Pykel is what I came up with. Haven't tried to install yet, waiting for this nasty two week old cold to move on. Any comments on performance AND install tips would be most welcome....CHEERS and happy New Year People!!!!!

Our 2011 came with a Fisher Pykel. We bought the coach when it was a year and a half old, and the previous owner had never used the dishwasher - it still had the plastic wrapping inside that held all the little dish-holders together. We've never used it to wash dishes either. The only thing we use it for is storage.

Kev

Good luck with the Fisher Paykel. We had two of their dish drawers installed in our kitchen at home and, after repeated problems (and $$$ repair bills), we finally dumped them earlier this year. Had to re-do some of the custom cabinets to accommodate a 'standard' dishwasher.

We use ours constantly, never a problem and it does a great job.  How can you possibly go camping without one?

Yes I always look for reviews when I purchase something that's not cheap. I am kinda rolling the dice on this one..and to add insult to injury..the dear wife got mad at me for spending more money on this already expensive toy...(rig) Oh well Happy New Year....????

Is it under the cooktop? Where an oven sometimes goes? I would think it would be a simple remove. reinstall kind of job. I added one to my Adventurer, under the refrigerator. The actual install was easy. Making space and doing the plumbing was harder, but you shouldn't have to deal with that.

I used a Winnebago face on mine. Helped it look factory.

Attachments

• IMG_1449[1].jpg
    IMG_1449[1].jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 32
Yes it is installed right below the stove top. Yes I am hoping who ever did the original installation did a pro job and all I will have to do is hook up power,water connection and the drain hose....Buying this rig used from the dealer was a weird who done what and when. The original batterys were gone with some dead older ones. The Serius sat radion receiver is AWOL. The rooftop Sat Dome went south...the factory Mask for the front end is gone....Geez I am trying to make the most of this deal but it makes you wonder.......Opps I meant radio receiver...and the old batterys were replaced with new Interstate by the dealer...AFTER I let them know about it...

A dishwasher was an option when we ordered our Horizon and DW had the job choose between the dishwasher and drawers.  Storage won out.  A dishwasher would have been great but not at the expense of most of the galley storage.

I don't believe my selling dealer did any stripping..but the coach was originally sold by Lazydaze in Arizonia to the first owner.  we think the coach was taken/given back to the bank and it went to auction. At that time (auction) we think someone took what they wanted. All my other RV purchases have been from private party deals, but this one with financing couldn't work that way. I am leery of most RV dealers due to all the horror storys over the years......

If your Jensen Sirrius ready radio went missing I have a spare I would make you a deal on.

john owens said:
Yes I always look for reviews when I purchase something that's not cheap. I am kinda rolling the dice on this one..and to add insult to injury..the dear wife got mad at me for spending more money on this already expensive toy...(rig) Oh well Happy New Year....????
The post showed December 28th.  Hopefully you did not put a bow on it and said Merry Christmas or maybe blam it on Santa Claus. ;D

Five2o said:
If your Jensen Sirrius ready radio went missing I have a spare I would make you a deal on.
  I have the radio..what is missing is the part that catched the Sirius signal...I think it simple plugs into the dangling cord....

Ah...easy here it is about 46$

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000ZHRLUU?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00

Thanks Five I need to look into this a bit more...kinda back burner until I can get the new DW stuffed in its spot. If I remember correctly I have the square chingass thing sitting there and some kind of antanae snaps in...The kit you showed me looks to have multible anttenas. I use the small square one for my home Sirius radio setup which works well.  Wish I could spell antennae...LOL!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom