RV FORUM MOAB RALLY, MAY 12-19, 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would love to be there Ron, but we're tied up at home with puppies (third litter) for another couple of weeks, then other local commitments. RVing and boating have been on hold.

I think we should use the slot next to the condo we had the first year at Moab (not sure if anyone is in there this year) - we always threatened to put up sheets and show movies on that wall, anyway...like a drive-in movie!!

Ron - Count us in for your slide show.  Your photography is always a pleasure to view and we've enjoyed past ones.

Don - You're right about the Joshua Tree Parkway.  I was thinking it was north of I-40 and it's south.  That's what I get for not looking at a map!  :-[

Kim - You're probably seeing a lot of the FMCA Four-Wheelers on their way to Moab.  The planners are there two weeks before us and the rally is the week prior to us.  That's why we can't go earlier.

I think the wall would be fantastic to use.  And if there's anyone at home they won't even know it!  ;)

ArdraF

Since this is my first rally and my first trip to Portal, I have a question.  I have my email confirmation from them from back in August of last year showing dates and site #, etc.  Is it necessary for me to call or email Portal to confirm anything with them, or just bring my confirmation with me?  ???

Steve

I always like to confirm with them to ensure no surprises on my arrival day.  At times  they are unable to  get you into a specific site. I usually do so by email.

Ron,

Count us in! We really enjoyed the show at the Wildflower Rally.

All,

Incidentally, we also "carry the equipment with us", but in this case it amp/speakers, mixers, and the associated equipment for Tara's singing. If there's interest we might set up a song fest one evening (presuming Doug doesn't have a problem with it).

Ernie

PS  We did find the kinda nice weather (still a little chilly) in ABQ.

Tom said:
Rats, I could have brought the ukes.

I am sure that you would be top performance of the day. But again, you are not coming. I don't think that we ever met you Tom.

Been working on the rig getting it ready for some off road. Hope to be able to keep up with the Brewers. In Santa FE now and getting real anxious.

Attachments

• 547204_440637326023712_883318733_n.jpg
    547204_440637326023712_883318733_n.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 46
Ok, who is going to set up the webcam and live stream Ron's show for those of us stuck elsewhere like the YSP indentured servants, those of us stuck at home and those in their RV's across this great land of ours? Have mercy on us and record it or go live. Why, there might be a spot in the library for it too!

After I have shown it to the group, I'll post a link where it can be viewed on-line.  You must have a PC however.  It won't show on a MAC.

Ron (and Shirley)--Yes to the slide show and to golf, as well, if you guys want to play one day in Moab as we did in Zion several years ago.

Mike--Debby and I are looking forward to seeing you, as we'll as your wife and son should they both be with you, again, too. Moab will be great fun, as always.

Henry--for what night will the catfish fry be planned?

Sheila--light butter on the popcorn, please!

And Jim Dick, please explain, in detail, why you won't be with us for Ron's slide show. It's only about 600 miles from Yellowstone.

I just got a response to an email I sent confirming our reservation.  I do this and take a printed copy.
In reference to an earlier post about confirming their reservation.  Since I made this last year, I thought
it prudent to confirm.

See you all in about a week ! ! ! !

No Catfish this trip, maybe in Quartzite next year. Didn't do any fishing this spring too busy going places in this full time life of ours. Life is good!!!

Randy,

It's something called work. ;D It has been amazingly busy since we opened and there are only four of us here until next week. on Saturday, we had at least seven tour busses in the morning, mostly Asian. Talk about a madhouse!!

Bob,

I have been known to do over 700 miles in a day. Mostly because it got us home instead of having to stay in a campground three hours away.  ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom