RV FORUM MOAB RALLY, MAY 12-19, 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
zmotorsports said:
Yeh, what Barb said, we weren't lost we just didn't know exactly where we were for a couple of hours. :)

Mike.

I bet you had a GPS so you DID know exactly where you were.....you just didn't know where "exactly" was.

Wendy

Thanks for adding us to the list, and thanks Kim for being the catalyst to firm up our plans. We will be in Moab April 20 through May 18.  I still don't think we have an official spot, because they might move us if we can get a spot in the resort the week of the 4-wheeler rally, and it would be even better if we didn't have to move.  We are looking forward to being there.

I bet you had a GPS so you DID know exactly where you were.....you just didn't know where "exactly" was.

That's pretty much correct Wendy. We also didn't think to record the track. And probably never be able to do it again. And it was a great ride. I guess that's why we memories.

Ron & Shirley Marabito made their reservation today and will attend the rally.  Looking forward to seeing old friends and going on some trail runs.

Ron and Shirley - So happy to hear you'll be coming west and joining us at Moab.  Will add your name to the list.  Do you have a site number yet?

ArdraF

No site number, but it will be in the north end.

I look forward to trying to walk up the hill to the restaurant in the mornings as well as wanting to go 4-wheeling.l

Hello All.

We had reserved for last year but had to cancel.  We are reserved this year and
have requested R-48 if the Portal RV people approve of my rig, now shamefully 11 years old,
in the resort section.  If they only allow us in the cheap seats, we will take it.

We plan to bring a 4x4 to enjoy some off road and maybe the motorcycle to enjoy some on road.

See you in Moab.  BTW May 12 is my Birthday ! ! !  Let's have a party. . .:eek:)(

THE-BigLarry said:
Hello All.

We had reserved for last year but had to cancel.  We are reserved this year and
have requested R-48 if the Portal RV people approve of my rig, now shamefully 11 years old,
in the resort section.  If they only allow us in the cheap seats, we will take it.

We plan to bring a 4x4 to enjoy some off road and maybe the motorcycle to enjoy some on road.

See you in Moab.  BTW May 12 is my Birthday ! ! !  Let's have a party. . .:eek:)(

Great Larry, we too I think are going to bring the bikes this next year.  We have wanted to take them through Arches for the past couple of trips but generally just bring the Jeep.  I am looking forward to also riding the motorcycles around the Moab area.

Mike.

Ron - Jerry says he'll look for you to walk up the Sunset Grill hill with him in the mornings.  He loves company and others are welcome!

Larry - Glad to see you're joining us for your birthday.  I imagine someone will want to help you celebrate!

RV FORUM MOAB RALLY, MAY 12-19, 2013 ATTENDEES BY NAME

Belikoff (Kathy & Larry aka DakotaRed), site 39
Bertram (Christi & Kim aka Skyking4ar2), site M-16
Borowski (Janette aka Bunky & Chip aka Falconhunter, site M-14
Brewer (Betty & Terry), site 4
Dodd (Loretta & Larry aka THE-Big Larry), site R-48
Falchini (Dee & Steve aka Steve N Dee), site M-34
Ferguson (Coleen & Gary aka Taoshum), site 17
FitzGerald (Ardra & Jerry), site M-13
Kuch (Sheila & Ken), site M-15
Lawrence (Wendy & Mike & Gordon), site M-18
Marabito (Shirley & Ron aka Ron From Big D), site ?
Nesbitt (Mary Ann & Don aka Gmsboss1), site M-33
Pestes (Patricia & Dale aka NJNDale), site ?
Roscoe (Corinne & Bill aka Photog), site R-53
Sharp (Linda & Richard), site 8
Sherow (Debby & Randy), site M-32
Stiskala (Olga & Jan), site R-32
Thompson (Cathy & Jerry aka jerrydt), site R-52
Weimert (Barb & Frank), site 5
Weston (Diana & Marty aka SargeW), site R-45
White (Tara & Ernie), site M-31
Wishard (Margaret & Henry), site R-48
Zueck (Chrystal, Mike aka ZMotorsports & Jared), site R-54

Yesterday Doug from Portal talked with Jerry and the two of them compared our site number list with Portals.  There were some discrepancies.  This is just a heads-up that a few of you may get calls or emails from Brittany at Portal to clarify your site numbers.

If it turns out that you have a change in site number, please note it here so I can change the list.  Thanks!

ArdraF

Here I sit, looking at this thread, and at the list of attendees, I am getting a bit sorry that we are not attending next spring.  We aren't taking the motorhome south this year, so we might have to make a mad dash home to pick it up along with the Jeep, then head west.  However, present plans are to go west next year, which would allow us to do all those glorious National Parks that we had to pass up last year.  I started to type that everyone should have a great time, but that is redundant, it is impossible to go to Moab and not have a great time.  Wish we were there.

Ed

I'm not happy with Portal. We made our reservations in May while we were in Moab. We couldn't get R46 where we've been but we did reserve M18. We like the resort section so we can use the hot tub and the nicer dog park. Several months ago, Ardra showed us in #41 so I checked my email confirmation for M18 and also called Portal to confirm. Today a new girl called from Portal to tell me that we're in 41 and that there are no spaces available in the resort section and that if we're not in the resort section, we can't have access to the 'resort amenities'. 41 would be fine if we could use the pool and hot tub which hardly anyone uses. I left a message for Doug but I am not a happy camper.

Wendy

My understanding was that, on owned lots, reservations are subject to the owners not wanting to use their lot. If they decided they wanted to use it, you got bumped. Maybe I got it wrong, but that's what I recall being told by Portal when I made a reservation one year.

That is the case Tom. However, I don't know if we got 'bumped' because the owner wants the spot (I don't even know if it's owned), but it appears that we were bumped months ago and no notified us and there were resort spots available a month ago now there aren't so we're out of luck. Had someone contacted us earlier, we could have moved to another resort spot. Or Portal could let us use the resort amenities which are rarely used when we've been there in May.

Wendy
Anza Borrego Desert State Park

Understood Wendy. You might want to write a letter to Portal's management explaimg it thst way, and asking if they'll allow you to use the resort area goodies.

Tom said:
My understanding was that, on owned lots, reservations are subject to the owners not wanting to use their lot. If they decided they wanted to use it, you got bumped. Maybe I got it wrong, but that's what I recall being told by Portal when I made a reservation one year.

From what my wife and I were told even being an owner you cannot bump someone.  It is still a first come first serve basis requiring reservations.  My wife and I were contemplating purchasing a spot back when they first were developing the owner section because we are in Moab quite a bit and thought would even go more if we owned a spot, however, besides the cost, the biggest reason we did not purchase is because we were told if we called for reservations and our spot was taken they would put us in another spot.  They told us the only way around that would be to have our site listed as an owned site that was not to be rented but I think you have to spend so many nights a year to qualify for that option.  With us still part of the full-time workforce that wasn't an option.

Maybe things have changed but that is what we were told when we researched the owned sites back in around 2006/2007 or so when they created the south section.

Mike.

I just got off of the phone with Brittany at Portal RV to verify that ours was correct.  Ours is correct in site R-54.

Mike.

skyking4ar2 said:
You can add our friends, Kathy and Larry Belikoff, aka DakotaRed, to the list. After two years, we finally got them in the right part of the country at the right time to catch the rally.

If Larry does not post their lot, I will get it today. Their stay will span both the Jeep rally (they are FMCA) and the Forum rally.

It is good that Kathy and Larry will join.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom