RV inside temperature change alert system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bikemutt

I wonder if there's a device which would alert us if the HVAC system is failing to manage the inside temperature of our RV?

I'm thinking a smartphone alert which indicates say a 5°F deviation from the thermostat setpoint, at that point we may decide to return quickly to the RV.

There is, but it needs to be able to receive cellular service. We have one and it works well.

The EasyTouch RV WiFi Thermostat They have models that have connectors for plug and play replacement of common RV thermostats. You can operate the thermostat and see the temps from you phone if the thermostat has a wifi connection to the outside world.

Charles

EasyTouchRV_Informational.jpg

I have a waltech rv thermostat it has a feature called pet monitoring that alerts on your phone at whatever setpoints you want it can use cellular at $6.99 a month or Wi-Fi. there's several other features like motion sensor and voltage

I wonder if there's a device which would alert us if the HVAC system is failing to manage the inside temperature of our RV?

I'm thinking a smartphone alert which indicates say a 5°F deviation from the thermostat setpoint, at that point we may decide to return quickly to the RV.
You could get a weather station. There are a bunch of different types, but one that lets you monitor from another location would be great. Here is an article with some great options: The Best RV Weather Station: 2024 Reviews and Guide

We went with a SensorPush system, affordable and seems to work just fine

HT1 Temperature and Humidity Smart Sensor — SensorPush

We have the basic HT1 sensor and the G1 WiFi Gateway. The sensor talks Bluetooth, so does the WiFi Gateway. The Gateway in turn uses either a wired (Ethernet) connection, or a WiFi connection to the Internet. Once the Gateway is on the Internet, a smartphone app provides near real-time temperature and humidity readings.

If the campground has WiFi, we'll connect the Gateway to it, good to go. If not, we can turn on a WiFi hotspot on one of our phones and leave it in the trailer. If all else fails, we can use the GMC truck's WiFi hotspot.

Back
Top Bottom