RV insurance?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zach

As a Mass. resident I think our insurance policies are a lot different than the rest of the country but it seems my RV is insured just like a normal car vs. one that's in my driveway all the time. Can anyone recommend a cheaper insurance option for me?
thanks,
Zach

When I purchased my motorhome, I found Progressive Direct to be less than half the cost of my auto insurance carrier, Allstate.

Progressive has a web site quote system where you can tinker with different coverages and see the effect on the premiums.

We have used the Explorer RV agency for the last three years - they are an insurer-owned outlet for National Interstate & Great American brand insurance specific for RVs.  But you have to shop around - a company that has good rates for one person/location may not be a great deal for someone else. There are so many variables in insurance that a blanket recommendation is impossible.

If you are over 50, the AARP insurance through The Hartford is another possibility - they have a pretty good RV policy.

Unfortunately, insurance rates are generally on the high side in New England, so you may still be paying more than elsewhere.

Check out RV Advantage by Farm & City Insurance Services.  They have been in the RV Specialty Insurance business for over 30 years and actually negotiated RV specific policies with major carriers such as Total Cost Replacement, Agreed Value, and many others.  MA does have extemely different policies, but I would check them out as they rep Progressive, National Interstate, Allied (Nationwide) and others.  Also, they support almost every manufacturer's club activities and developed the RV Driving Safety Seminar being conducted at FMCA rallies.

GMAC will allow for sitting or storage.  You just let them know when you are taking it on the road.

I second the GMAC insurance.  It's nice to be able to carry minimum coverage when your RV is in storage.  I am in PA and my premiums are very reasonable.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elvislivesontimbits
Back
Top Bottom