RV living income?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GavinHardison

Since I am planning to be a full time RVer. I need a steady source of income to feed gas to my roving house. Besides graphic design and photography. What are some jobs out there that can satisfy my money need and my wanting to travel?

One of the Forum's message boards, Workamping, might have some additional information that will be of benefit to you.

Many folks use one of the many different forms of workamping to pay as they roll. There are quite a few ways to skin the RV cat.  8)

Kim

skyking4ar2 said:
One of the Forum's message boards, Workamping, might have some additional information that will be of benefit to you.

Many folks use one of the many different forms of workamping to pay as they roll. There are quite a few ways to skin the RV cat.  8)

Kim

Thank you for your help! Ill look into it.

Sign up at workamping.com there are a ton of jobs listed there for RVer's - some with pay and some for site and utilities for so many hours a month....but you are living for free and can generally make enough on the side to feed yourself and prep for your departure...

Good Luck - another good site is coolworks.com

It's there if you look for it....

Jim

Hi Kim and all,

Besides workamping, might I suggest, if you have anything that you can sell in the way of graphic design or any other talents you have, you could do shows of different sorts on the road. I have a small business that I sell items. It's not uncommon for me to sell 2 or 3 K worth of items and make $400 to $700 for expenses on the road. I always make sure that I have a sale tax licence in any state I operate in. There are a few exempt states for sale tax but in Oregon on state property they charge a fee to sell at shows I  have done.

You might be able to make money over the computer also.

Are you familiar with stock photographs?  I met someone who was traveling taking stock photographs to sell to marketing companies.  And graphic design is something you can easily do on the road, as is managing web sites for small businesses.  I also met a couple running a marketing consulting company out of their motorhome.

Most "workcamping" jobs require you to stay in one place for several months, and that is OK if that is what you want to do.

Do you need money coming or do you need free RV sites ? That can add up to a big chunk of your budget. Many National Parks and National Forests provide a free campsite, usually with hookups, in exchange for a certain number if hours of work.

We have a one of a kind direct sales company. Premier Designs Jewelry, it goes everywhere we go with no quotas and no borders on our sales area. We collect the state sales tax send it to the company and they pay the states monthly. We make 50% of all sales. Simple and easy and work when and if we want to. We have made as little 100.00 - to 650.00, not bad for only maybe 3 hours visiting and eating cookies.... Lots of others have made even more...... Find there web site on the net or contact us for more info... The home office is in Ervin Texas the have been in business over 28 years and we are going on nine years with them.

Back
Top Bottom