RV Matteress Try b4 Buy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

steve407

I've seen some posts on getting a new mattress, but does anyone know if there are places where you can actually try the mattress before you order it?  It seems like a lot of hassle to order something site unseen and return it given the size of an RV Mattress, even a short queen.  Does a "Serta blah blah" in a mattress store equate to a "Serta blah blah" in an RV mattress (I tend to think not.)  Any insight you have is appreciated.

Steve

we bought our mattress 2 years ago since it came without one and my wife would not sleep on a used one, other than a hotel once in a while :eek:. Since online RV stores seemed to be very expensive we went to a local ma and pa place that were able to order one to our liking, we were able to actually lay on the different ones he had and when we found the one we liked, he ordered it in the short queen size, which we had in a week. We have since decided we would like it a little more firm. We paid a little less than 300 for a middle of the road quality, remember though, we don't sleep on it every night

Deano2002 said:
we bought our mattress 2 years ago since it came without one and my wife would not sleep on a used one, other than a hotel once in a while :eek:. Since online RV stores seemed to be very expensive we went to a local ma and pa place that were able to order one to our liking, we were able to actually lay on the different ones he had and when we found the one we liked, he ordered it in the short queen size, which we had in a week. We have since decided we would like it a little more firm. We paid a little less than 300 for a middle of the road quality, remember though, we don't sleep on it every night

Thanks for the reply but when you say a local "ma and pa" place do you mean a mattress store or a camping store?  I wasn't quite clear on that.  Thanks in advance!
Steve

I fixed the problem with a 4" Memory foam mattress pad.
"remember though, we don't sleep on it every night" How do you manage that on a trip? I want a comfortable bead and I just slept on mine for the last 90 nights.
Bill

I'm located in California and here there a various mattress stores that actually make mattresses so I took measurements and they made the mattress.. so maybe you can small businesses in your area does the samething

IKEA has a number of different mattresses that could be used in an RV and you can try them out in the store. I think that they also have a 90 day return policy.

Ah - Ikea. Never thought of them but yes, I've seen several mattresses in there.  I'll have to check that one out.  Thanks.
Steve

I have a Comfortaire short queen, it wasn't cheap but I can adjust my side to how I like it and the DW can adjust her side to how she likes it (each side is independent).

Back
Top Bottom