RV PARK REVIEWS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jackiemac

Site Team
I have read several posts recently regarding RV park reviews and the fact that some folks think they are inaccurate. I know that Good Sam rate the parks but you can usually read reviews of some of the parks, although I am really surprised at how few there are.  Maybe there is a reason for that I don't know of.

I have not posted any yet, mostly due to my very poor internet availability during the trip, however I will rectify this when I get home.  I plan to type up a list of the parks we stayed at and write a few notes about them and then copy these reviews into several sites, probably Good Sam, RV Park Reviews, RV Parky and Google.

It made me wonder how many of you actually go on line and post reviews, and if you do, what websites do you use?

Definitely the two mentioned above and also Trip Advisor which is becoming more popular for reviews on all sorts of venues.

I used online campground and RV park reviews. I use online reviews for just about everything I buy online. I always ignore the over the top ones, like this is the greatest thing since the beginning of time or this the the biggest piece of garbage ever made. They have a special ax to grind. I just concentrate on the ones in the middle that discuss the subject intelligently.

jackiemac said:
I know that Good Sam rate the parks but you can usually read reviews of some of the parks, although I am really surprised at how few there are.  Maybe there is a reason for that I don't know of.

I think you are confusing the Good Sam rating of a park with the reviews submitted by campers.  Good Sam has ratings for most RV parks in the US and Canada.  However, only recently (~ a year ago) they started posting reviews submitted by RVers.  There are only a limited number of those reviews available.

As one of the administrators of the RVParkReviews website, we are proud of the fact that we have the largest online database of reviews specifically related to RV parks and campgrounds.  Like all user-submitted review sites, some reviews are better and/or more relevant to your circumstances than are others, but by reading the reviews for a park you can usually get a good sense of whether or not a particular park will be suitable for you.

Joel

docj said:
I think you are confusing the Good Sam rating of a park with the reviews submitted by campers.  Good Sam has ratings for most RV parks in the US and Canada.  However, only recently (~ a year ago) they started posting reviews submitted by RVers.  There are only a limited number of those reviews available.

I understand the  difference,  wasn't  sure why so few reviews though.

docj said:
As one of the administrators of the RVParkReviews website, we are proud of the fact that we have the largest online database of reviews specifically related to RV parks and campgrounds.  Like all user-submitted review sites, some reviews are better and/or more relevant to your circumstances than are others, but by reading the reviews for a park you can usually get a good sense of whether or not a particular park will be suitable for you.

Joel

A lot of reviews I've seen are very old with only  a few recent ones on several campgrounds I've researched.

My point is do folks on here write and submit reviews for every place they visit or not bother?

Thanks

Bill N said:
Definitely the two mentioned above and also Trip Advisor which is becoming more popular for reviews on all sorts of venues.

I'm  a  fan of Trip Advisor and often write reviews so will add to my list, thanks Bill.

SeilerBird said:
I used online campground and RV park reviews. I use online reviews for just about everything I buy online. I always ignore the over the top ones, like this is the greatest thing since the beginning of time or this the the biggest piece of garbage ever made. They have a special ax to grind. I just concentrate on the ones in the middle that discuss the subject intelligently.

I agree Tom, I usually take reviews with a pinch of salt too!

Back
Top Bottom