Rv park snobbery

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A small number of RV parks require rigs be newer than a certain year. Most will allow a well-kept but older rig if you send them pictures first. Some parks only allow Class A rigs. Some don?t allow motorcycles. There are thousands of other places to go, so if a park doesn?t cater to your demographic, go somewhere else.

I went into a CG in Jacksonville several years ago, picking it because it was close to the Mayo Clinic where I was getting an evaluation for xplant. The gentleman at the desk talked for me a bit and after seeing pictures of our old rig decided that I was good to go, his wife came up and said absolutely not the RV is too old. He overrode hers decision and I would have been allowed had it been necessary. 

The point is that it depends on how your rig looks, who you talk to and how you behave.

If you stay at State and Country parks, as we tend to do, this is not a problem, but our previous RV which we just sold was 2005 and so we ran into this at RV parks from time to time.

We almost never make reservations when we travel except for our final destination and although we were older than the 10 year limit we were never actually turned down because of the age of our rig. There were times when the manager would come out to see it, pretending he was interested in one of "those Pleasure-Way Class B RVs", but then we were always welcome into the park. I always assumed that they wanted to know if the RV looked good enough to associate with the newer and fancier rigs.

I do have to admit that this issue was on my mind when we traded for our new 2018 Winnie Fuse.

SeilerBird said:
I have found more RV parks in California than anywhere else with the 10 and under rule.
Calif. law favors renters and  deadbeats. It is very difficult, time consuming and expensive  to evict a tenant. I got out of the rental business a long time ago.
Pat

Heck, I'm in Quartzsite right now, sitting in a park with the 10 year rule...in my 19 year old Bounder.  They never said a word when I pulled in, and it wasn't until the next morning when I glanced at the rules sheet they handed me that I even knew the park had a 10 year rule.
It's all in how you take care of your rig.  There's several older rigs like mine in the park, and they all appear to be well taken care of.

I'm old enough to remember when "discriminating" was a positive attribute, i.e. when it meant "maintaining higher standards".  If that means snobbery to you, so be it.  If a place doesn't want your business, go elsewhere.

Last weekend we stayed in a nicer park near Newport Ore with A+ facilities.  Our lot was right next to a full-timer and the site was a disaster of garbage, a broken down car, and 2 big dogs. The Class C was broken down with the hood up.  It was a young family that made loud noise after 11pm.  I talked to the dad, in a stretch where they were loud, where he told me about an RV camping program that enables them to park in a way that is cheaper than renting an apartment (In Oregon we have a terrible issue with housing inflation). 

I mentioned this to the park manager and also in a review.  We look at Good Sam and their park reviews to find the nicer and quieter places.  This specific campground is the first time we've been steered wrong.

Gary RV_Wizard said:
I'm old enough to remember when "discriminating" was a positive attribute, i.e. when it meant "maintaining higher standards".  If that means snobbery to you, so be it.  If a place doesn't want your business, go elsewhere.

An interesting thought Gary. When was the last time we heard, "He's a man of discriminating taste."
Wonder how it would go if an upscale RV park advertised  "XXX RV Park - for the discriminating traveler."

ChasA said:
Really Bob? There are XXX RV parks?  They must be in Nevada.

I don't know about that, but I did find this place when using google to search for an RV campground in the area last year (It is just off the route of the Texas State Railroad) https://www.purplepeacockresort.com/

There is supposed to be a place like that in the RGV. I haven't looked for it. I can't imagine anything scarier than a bunch of 70-80 year olds running around in their birthday suits.  :eek:
Bill

BinaryBob said:
My goodness.....
I had no idea of the inference of three X's.
Obviously, I've never been to Vegas...?.

TRUST ME WHEN I SAY THIS....Don't google XXX.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TessInBandon
Back
Top Bottom