RV Pirates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Old Radios said:
Out of sight, out of mind.

We have never had any problems but this past year upgraded the trailer we tow the Harleys in. We had an open trailer for our old bikes but decided that we needed to go to an enclosed trailer for the new ones to protect them from road crap and to keep them out of sight.  My wife thought since we were spending a lot of money on the trailer to have every thing just right for the bikes we should get it in the optional orange and black Harley colors with the big logo.  I decided to make it as plain on the outside as I could so it didn't advertise what was in it and got it in plain white.

My neighbor had a trailer with the big Harley logo on the back door.
Guess what happened?  Yup it got stolen.  The pickup truck, the trailer with a almost new $30K Harley Trike inside along with other stuff.

They got the truck and trailer back - but the trike was trashed.  They got a NEW trike and still have a huge Harley logo on the ramp door.

I tried to talk them into removing the logo - but it fell on deaf ears.

Oh well -  I'm more like Old Radios and have an all white trailer with no makings on it. 

Every time I see the subject line I envision a couple RVers going down the road,, Eye patches,, Head scarves,,, Wearing swords,, And the classic Pirate Shirt, with a Bird pearched on the shoulder, Singing "Yo Yo Ho and a bottle of Rum".

Sorry.. but, well...    Story
Person I'm aquanted with, have actually had coffee with,, Well she/he (And therein lies yet another story which I do not knwo well enough to tell) wrote a song.. A "Traditional Celtic" type song.. A group of "Musical Pirates" (Musicians dressed as described above) recorded it,, THEN they found out it's not Public Domain but copyrighted and the author still lives. Though I'll admit he's not what she use to be.. So they sent her a letter, She sent back a request for a small licensing fee and a license..

Then they did a Re-do of that CD, so their lawyers suggested they needed a new license (New small fee. she was not unreasonable)  But Pirates with LAWYERS!!!!!.. Now that .. Is Scary.

RedandSilver said:
I tried to talk them into removing the logo - but it fell on deaf ears.

Advertising to the general public what you may have under wraps is an invitation to criminals. That's common sense. The same thing could have happened in ones own driveway.

Old Radios said:
Out of sight, out of mind.

Also good advice. Common sense prevails again.

All in all, I still believe I wouldn't be losing sleep about losing my stuff while camping.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GandalfTheGrey
Back
Top Bottom