RV Sites Replace Racetrack Seats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BruceinFL said:
Texas Motor Speedway is replacing 21000 grandstand seats with 74 RV sites. Here's the article: Seats For Sites

Just think for ONLY $15000.00 annually you can get an RV space that you can use a few times a year.  Don't think I would be interested evan at half that price.

Lets see how many races, or opportunities to use the RV site, divided into $15000 works out to be a pretty expensive campsite on a per night basis. ;D ;D :eek: :eek:

Don't forget, the $15000 also includes live race feed so that you can sit inside your RV located at the track and watch the race in comfort without ever having to look out the window or step outside and hear the noise..  ;D ;D

Rich "sports fans?" are weird. I remember years ago attending the Super Bowl in Detroit. Tickets were for the CBS lounge. Now I was thrilled because my 49ers were in the SB. But there were lots people in the lounge playing cards, etc and never saw any of the game...not on the closed circuit TV feed, nor looking out the window, nor walking outside the lounge into the stands. Those unfortunate people. They never had the pleasure of watching the 49ers kick the Bengals' collective butts.  ;D ;D

BruceinFL said:
Don't forget, the $15000 also includes live race feed so that you can sit inside your RV located at the track and watch the race in comfort without ever having to look out the window or step outside and hear the noise..  ;D ;D

But I can watch the race while in the RV Park at $30 per night on TV.  Seems much more reasonable. ;D ;)

What about the 21000 fans who lost their seats and now can't buy tickets to the races because their seats have been sold to 74 rich RV owners? Nascar is going to price themselves out of existence. Take me back to the good old days when the drivers raced because they loved to race and the fans got in for reasonable prices and cheered their brains out.

Wendy
Pahrump, NV

Wendy,

If those 21000 seats had been sold out, they never would have done this. If you saw the last race from there on TV, you would have seen a whole bunch of empty seats on the backstretch.

If they sold 7000 of those backstretch seats at $80 (average of the various prices for that area) at each of the cup races, they'd make more than the $1,110.000 they'll get selling 74 RV sites. So I still saying they're dumping the little guy for the rich RV owners. I'll keep going to our local dirt track for $8 on Friday nights. It's better racing anyway.

Oh, and BTW, I think that if they lowered the price of those backstretch seats to $40 or $50, they'd sell every single one. Price often runs demand.

Wendy
Pahrump, NV

Wendy, the track management must have read your post.  Quote from nascar.com "Backstretch Buster seats for the Samsung 500 will go on sale 9 a.m. Tuesday while those for the Dickies 500 will be available beginning April 15. "Backstretch Buster" seating at $20 is only available by calling the TMS ticket office at (817) 215-8500. The $40 seating and family 4-packs are available through the ticket office as well as the speedway's Web site at www.texasmotorspeedway.com."

I can almost guarantee these motorhome spaces will sell out.  If you have 10 people to split up the $15,000 makes it $1500ea which is not bad for everything it comes with.

Another quote from nascar.com "The ticket package for each race week will consist of 10 VIP passes for Burnout Alley; 10 pre-race passes for each Sprint Cup Series race; 10 pit/infield passes; two access passes for The Speedway Club; 10 souvenir event programs; and three reserved parking spaces nearby."

The people who already buy all these passes to a race are already spending at least $1500 ea.

We have been to every Texas race since 2001, but we don't buy all the fancy passes.  Usually costs us $5-700 ea by the time you pay for everything.

I'd be tempted if Jeff Gordon could just finally get a win at Texas Motor Speedway.  ;D  That would just leave Homestead....But yes, I don't really see the logic of their decision to replace that many seats with sites.  They are alienating a large portion of their fan base.

But at the rate sponsors are pulling out of NASCAR, the whole sport is in jeopardy right now.  I'm glad to see Camping World picked up the Truck Series from Craftsman.....truth be known I like it better than the Winston....errr...Nextel....Sprint..whoever the cup series belongs to this week. 

Wendy said:
Take me back to the good old days when the drivers raced because they loved to race and the fans got in for reasonable prices and cheered their brains out.

Take me back to the time when the actually drove "stock" cars.  Back to the Yarbrough, Petty,  and Allison days.  That "COT" car is an abomination.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gregcss43
Back
Top Bottom