RV slang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
turkeydriver said:
Thanks for the info......and the entertainment. :)  You guys have more acronyms than the military.

I have an old NASA acronyms book that let me understand some of the jargon that was going on during space flights. Talk about an agency that has an acronym for EVERYTHING.

I enjoy the acronyms on the forum and often head to the library in order to check it out. I first try to guess and make a game out of it.

BTW, BinaryBob, you can't blame yourself for things jumping out at you when you park.

This discussion reminded me of a seen from the movie Good Morning Viet-Nam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXlvy3sTTBk

Dan de La Mesa said:
Err, don't think it's an acronym, but anybody know how "toad" derived?

"Toad" = Towed Vehicle.  Drop the "Vehicle" and you just have a toad.  It would have been too confusing if we called it a towed.  ;D

scottydl said:
"Toad" = Towed Vehicle.  Drop the "Vehicle" and you just have a toad.  It would have been too confusing if we called it a towed.  ;D

Not to me.  Obfuscation leads to poor communication and understanding.  Use the proper words and the question would never have come up.  I've never seen a frog on a leash behind any vehicle.

Ned said:
Not to me.  Obfuscation leads to poor communication and understanding.  Use the proper words and the question would never have come up.  I've never seen a frog on a leash behind any vehicle.

Neither have I, but I've seen a "toad."  ::)

scottydl said:

Scott, that was answered by Wayne 1 minute after the question was asked two days ago.

Ned said:

I agree Ned. My kids text and they use short words instead of spelling it out and it drives me crazy.

Thanks especially to scottydl, who answered exactly the question I asked, the derivation of "toad."  When I saw the word the first time, I momentarily thought we had a creative speller in view, but immediately realized otherwise when the term came up  repeatedly.  What it means is obvious enough, and the humor quotient adds color.  We can pride ourselves in the level of erudition (ahem) in this group, though I think mostly our intent is enjoying our camping experience and helping out when the opportunity presents itself.  Great folks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stark Fire
Back
Top Bottom