RV Wash Location near Philly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

malibu06

Hi all, this might be too specific, but we just got back from 6 weeks on the road and our baby is in need of a major bath.

I tried Google Maps and could not find anything that would work for an RV in the general area. 
Any chance anyone knows of a RV / Truck wash on the NW side of Philly  - Main Line area. 
(Called our dealer out in Westchester and they didn't know of any  :mad: )

Not that has anything to do with answering your question, but I had my Holiday Rambler washed at a truck wash near Denver.
What an effective way to remove the factory stripes on the front of the RV. Glad he started there!!!!!

You usually find truck washes up and down the interstates, I have never had any refuse my M/H,,be careful about the use of acids and etches used by many.>>>Dan

Thanks guys!

After doing a bit more research, I decided to bite the bullet and try out the
"Waterless RV Wash Wax" product by Aero Cosmetics I found on Amazon.  Lots of good reviews, so figured it would be worth checking out.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B006AG7ZM4/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1SUA7J0YAZSHI

I'll report back on how it goes.

I'm in Merion Station, right at the start of the Main Line. I wash mine by hand in the driveway. There is only one spot very difficult to reach; the front overhang on our class C. I use a nice soft brush on the end of an extendable pole.
Otherwise, I find doing it myself an excellent way to keep tabs on things needing to be fixed. Like the most recent, one of the roof light housings had some water intrusion.  A lot of elbow grease and some some new silicone and all is better now.

We recently went over the Great Salt Lake during a rain storm, and discovered our coach covered with salt as well as the car we were towing.  All along 80 from Nevada to CO, saw a few truck washes that also solicit RVs, but with all the stuff on top, decided against it as Truck trailers have smooth tops.  Also, took the car through a brushless car wash in Park City, and it did not touch the salt.  Got to my son's home in CO, and washed them both by hand using Palmolive liquid dish soap.  Camco brush on a telescoping pole.  Used the brush on the roof on my hands and knees. Did a great job.  Don't think a commercial truck wash could have done better.

Blue Beacon truck washes are a national chain, and should be pretty easy to find through Google or their website Location page.  It looks like they have a downloadable app too.  I've never used one myself, but have read many accounts of RVers using them.  It probably wouldn't hurt to request that the attendants NOT use their highest-power pressure washing on areas with vinyl graphics.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasondenman
Back
Top Bottom