RVP 6535 or 6536 Basement Heatpump??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tennsmith

My thermostat has died and I need to order a replacement.  I really do not want to use the number off the back of the failed thermostat because it is also a replacement and it does not allow, for whatever reason, operation of the heat pump in the "heat" mode.  It always goes straight to gas.  I'm thinking it isn't the exact replacement for the original (BTW it is not the original).  When I call RV suppliers, they want the model number of the heatpump and all I have to go on is the literature in the owner's satchel of goodies that I got when I bought the motorhome (used).  That paperwork has operation and maintenance instructions for the series 6535 and 6536 heat pumps.  How do I tell which one I have.  One RV supplier says the number is INSIDE the cabinet and that means pulling the unit.  I did that a year ago to replace a compressor and I don't intend to repeat that simply to get a model number.  Is there any way to determine from either components in the electrical bay area of the unit, or the schematic, which unit I have?  It is installed in a 2000 Itasca Horizon, so that's the vintage of the unit.

Your oem thermostat should be the Coleman dual-stage heat pump thermostat (105620-15-000). It comes in black or white. When I replaced my thermostat in 2005 it was apx $125 from Lichtsinn Motors in Forest City.

The original heat pump in my 2003 coach (built in 2002) was 6535A871. That model number is obsolete and the identical appearing replacement unit now is 46515-811.

I would look either inside the access plate which covers the pc board, or on the side of the unit facing rear.

Excellent advice DancinCampers, the label was on the rear side of the unit where the ductwork attaches.  It is a model 6535-871.  Thanks for all the replies.

Back
Top Bottom