RVP 8000

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gcharte

I have read other questions and answers but can't seem to find what I'm looking for. We have a 2006 Fleetwood Storm and the RVP 8000 seems to run OK and the compressor sounds like it's coming on the only problem is the air coming out isn't cool at all. Could someone shed some in site into this problem?

You are likely hearing the fan running on the a/c but the compressor isn't starting. Or it shuts down quickly due to a problem. Without some more detailed symptoms, it is nigh impossible to diagnose. Freon leaks in roof a/c units are not common and not the first thing to look for. Still a possibility, though.

When the fan cycles on, you should hear a deep Hummmm within a few seconds. Loud and then smoothing out to a quieter hum with a few seconds. That's the compressor starting and running. If you hear a loud grunt which just stops, that's the compressor failing to start.  If you hear neither, it may be that the control board isn't even trying to start the compressor.

Electrical problems are more common that Freon leaks. My reply was based on the compressor actually running with no cooling. Sometimes the only way to know if the compressor is running is to lay hands on it or use a amp probe on the compressor lead wires to see that it's using amps.
Trained ears can usually tell.

We have dual A/C units in the motorhome and to me it does sound like the compressor is running a deep humming sound. Fan speed picks up a bit too but no cold air.

Back
Top Bottom