Sam's Camp 2005 Mini-Rallies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good morning everyone!? This is our third day at the wonderful Sam's camp!

Been very busy, and we got a bit slowed down yesterday by some rain.? But last night we were introduced to a very fine restaurant.? I can't bring to mind the name of the restaurant this morning, but it is almost within walking distance.? It is the kind of place I like.? Not fancy, but friendly and "down home".? A necktie and jacket will get you laughed out if not thrown out.

I had the best bowl of chilly I believe I have ever tasted (in fact all 4 of us had chilly) and I went back for a third serving.? This resulted later in an inability to eat desert.? Three of us feasted on lobster tails, and Sam had shrimp scampi.? Later we retired to the American Eagle, and with the full stomach clearing a bit we tasted Sam's apple pie, made from the very same apples that lay around on the grass.? MMM!

I see this morning as I am typing this, Ron is behind our Newmar, setting up a dish.? I just cannot match his energy lol!? I am still trying to awake with a shower and coffee ahead of me.? Hope I can be ready by the 9:30 am scheduled time for school!? Ron is a wonderful instructor, and I am learning all kinds of things.? I know I will be ;leaving here an Internet satellite expert.? I am getting spoiled as I type this.? Just mooching off Ron's satellite atm, and the speed is awesome compared to the struggles I have had so far on the trip, trying to find Verizon access, and bumming off campground wifi.

We had a disappointment yesterday when we discovered Newmar has wired my external modem cables incorrectly.? could not reach Newmar yesterday to find out what they did as the hurricane had tied up the Lewistown cell access.? Apparently the local rain here kept everyone home and on the phone ... and the node is fairly new here with rapid growth, and the national network could not do its job of carrying the overload because of the gulf disaster.? Hope to get through to Newmar today.

Attached is a shot of our first chance to sit and talk on the day we arrived.? More should be coming.? Hope today I can figure out how to get past the password request that keeps blocking my attempt to change my Sig line.

Oh almost forgot to provide a legend for the picture.

From left to right "Admiral Sharon, Captain Ron, Private Smoky, and Admiral Sam"!

Attachments

• Picture 152 (Medium).jpg
    Picture 152 (Medium).jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 30
Hey gang! 

We are on the air with our very own dish now, thanks to Ron Ruward!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

And thanks to expert instruction from Ron, I believe we can connect anywhere at any time under almost any condition.

You ever need satellite internet?  I highly recommend Ron at Sam's camp!

[/qAnd thanks to expert instruction from Ron, I believe we can connect anywhere at any time under almost any condition.
uote]

Smoky:

In five minutes? :) :)

Another mini rally came to a close as Smoky pulled out this morning.  Sharon had left yesterday to spend time with a friend in Great Falls.  Had a great visit with Smoky and Sharon and it was neat getting to know them.  We are looking forward to seeing them in Az.

The attached photos are of smoky with his new dish set up.

Attachments

• Smoky & Dish.JPG
    Smoky & Dish.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 27
  • Sam's Camp visitors.JPG
    Sam's Camp visitors.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 24
  • Smoky stowing roof mounted dish for trav.JPG
    Smoky stowing roof mounted dish for trav.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 27
Thanks for the photos Ron. They bring back fond memories of our time at Sam's Camp.

Ron

>> Sharon had left yesterday to spend time with a friend in Great Falls. <<

How did she get there...Hitch hike?? ?Sure Smoky wouldn't want to add miles to their toad.<BG>

Terry
At Clark Fork, ID

Terry A. Brewer said:
Ron

>> Sharon had left yesterday to spend time with a friend in Great Falls. <<

How did she get there...Hitch hike?? ?Sure Smoky wouldn't want to add miles to their toad.<BG>

Terry
At Clark Fork, ID

Well I can assure you there are atleast another 104 miles on the toad + what ever Sharon drove around Great Falls.

Hi all!

Sorry for the long silence.  But we have been with family near the Canadian Border in Chester MT, and you know how busy things are when you have not seen family for a year.  :D

Yes, it takes us longer than 5 minutes to set up.  At Chester, with no one around to help (except on the phone) it took us 2 days!!  But the problems we ran into will not be repeated.  Hope to get it down to 5 minutes by QZ!  The training and support from Ron has been fantastic.  You cannot do better than him if you go Direcway!

As for toad mileage, I do not have the exact figures in front of me, but it is about 3 to 1 MH over toad so far.  I am sure that will tighten once we settle down in AZ.  But for now, we are constantly on the move in the MH despite the very high fuel prices.  I budgeted quite a bit of fuel for our first year so we could become old hands quickly.  As time goes on I am sure we will stay put longer.  Wednesday we leave Chester and head for our "official domicile" in Kalispell MT.  We will stay there until the onset of cold weather. 

Then it will be on to AZ for the winter.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a winter abode?

So far RV Resort has been recommended to us in Phoenix.  $1750 for a 3 month stay.

And Ron recommends Coyote in Yuma for $1250 a year plus electric.

Anyone have thoughts on these two places?

Anyone else have winter recommendations for us to look at?

Anyone have a Tucson recommendation?

We should be in the area in the next couple of weeks.  Save me a slice of apple pie, I'll bring the cheddar

I am going to collect enough apples and put them in a cool place so Sam can make the apple pie when you arrive at Sam's Camp.

Smoky said:
Ut oh!? ?I hope Sky did not eat them all first!? ?;D

Naw he couldn't reach the apples still in the tree.  Sky did like eating those apples off the ground even if you didn't approve.  Really supprised me when he swallowed that apple whole when he seen you coming to take it away from him.

Smoky said:
LOL!? Yeah!? Good thing Sky did not get a taste of Sam's apple pie! ;D? ;D ;D

Yep,  I'm afraid if Sky had of even got a good whiff of the pie we may not have been able to let Ned know how good it was. ;D ;D ;D

Smoky

Mission View in Tucson is a good park and it is located on Indian land so there are no sales or bed tax.  We have spent two winters there and several short stays.  We like the park a lot and it is located off of I-19 at the San Xaviar exit.  It is listed in the Trailer Life.

Thanks Lorna!

Do they have activities?  We are particularly interested in quilting, singing (musicals. choral, barbershop), dancing, exercise, cards and chess, etc.

We also need a spot for 4 slides and clear access for two satellite dishes.

Smoky

They do have activities but am not sure which ones.  Their sites are very large and 4 slides would not be a problem.  Some sites have trees but there are plenty of sites that wouldn't be a problem for sat. dishes.  I don't remember the weekly, monthly or multi-monthly rates but if you call them they can give you that info, the # is 800-444-8439.  Tucson has many things to see and do in the area including hiking, tours and symphonies, etc.

Sam just saw 4 deer here at Sam's Camp.  Since it is just after noon maybe they were dropping by to see if the Reiters had arrived yet so they could join the mini-rally. ;D ;D

Back
Top Bottom