San Angelo, Texas Options?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kim (skyking4ar2) Bertram

Moderator Emeritus
We will be rolling through the San Angelo area next week and took note of a review at Spring Creek Marina and San Angelo State Park.

We don't have to be right in San Angelo, so if anyone has some additional ideas of a nice place to stay, please let me know. We are ultimately headed into the Fredericksburg area and need a mid range stop from New Mexico.

Kim

Kim, we're only about an hour from Fredericksburg, will you have time to come visit?  You can bring your coach if you like and park on our full hookup site.

Absolutely, Ned!

Christi has an aversion about "borrowing" parking, but I promise we'll be sure to stop by and swat flies and swap lies when we get landed in the area.

We put two weeks into the schedule for the Hill Country because we always seem to zoom by....

and thanks so much for the invitation!

Great, looking forward to seeing you both again.  You wouldn't be borrowing parking, it's why we have it.

Over the years we have stayed countless times at O.G. Fisher Lake, San Angelo State Park on the south side of the lake. My memory thinks Red Arroyo or something like that. A bit wide open and the lake is a bit dry but a great place to stay that isn't too far from town.  Great place.

Don't miss Buffalo Gap, an old town converted to a museum. Great gun collection and interesting old buildings. The VFW near the air base has a RV park for members.

I recommend Hoards Creek Lake COE -- http://corpslakes.usace.army.mil/visitors/projects.cfm?Id=M207710

Close to Buffalo Gap, Abilene, San Angelo and where Bev & I began our 26 year honeymoon, Coleman. GREAT BBQ, a good Episcopal Church, St Mark, and central to the north hill country. Take in a Fri night HS football game with the Coleman Bluecats for some TX football.

Retired mil can use FamCamp on lake OC Fisher through Goodfellow AFB, MWR.  Don't miss Fort Concho and the best brisket in the world at several locations around town.  Been there done that!

:)We put two weeks into the schedule for the Hill Country because we always seem to zoom by....

would you please post your itinerary for the 2 weeks you plan to spend in hill country and any other texas locations you plan to visit, thanks!

We spent a couple of days at San Angelo at Spring Creek Marina. Really sweet little park, but a little tight for a big rig. We jacked ourselves into shape with the satellite but that's not every site. Extremely peaceful spot! But looks like the the USAF is training their bizjet pilots across the street at Mathis Field so be prepared for a lot of turbine screaching! It's at the far end of a nice park area and tons of deer at night - don't scream down the road in this part of Texas at night.

Next stop is Fredericksburg and the Fredericksburg RV Park which is right in the middle of town, extremely convenient. Lots of winter Texans and looks to stay pretty full. Need a reservation. A number of other parks in the area, including a pretty decent one at Lady Bird Johnson Municipal Park (again with the airport next door - those things don't bother us pilots but ...)

We will not have spent enough time (again) in Fredericksburg and will have to come back (again). Missed getting over into San Antonio but will drop back through on the way back out West in the spring. Too many places too little time.

Marble Falls is another nice place to stop so you are not at a loss for places to enjoy in this part of the world.

We will head up to Inks Lake for an overnight on the way out with Falconhunter who is camp hosting and then we will squirt out the northeastern corner back home to Little Rock for a couple of weeks.

We're probably going to miss Ned and Lorna because of scheduling conflicts and sick kitties this trip. I feel sure the porch will be there in the spring.

Life is good!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flying B
Back
Top Bottom