San Antonio

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JOHN RP

Any reccomendations on a good campground in or around San Antonio TX close to Lackland A.F.B.?  Going to see the grandson graduate from basic next month.
Any help appreciated.
JOHN RP 

Welcome to the forum John. I have stayed here before.
Admiralty RV Resort, North Ellison Drive, San Antonio, TX
admiraltyrvresort.com
(210) 647-7878
Bill

There is a Famcamp right on Lackland.  You should be able to stay there.  It's nothing fancy, but it is inexpensive.  Otherwise I have stayed at Admiralty also, and it is very nice, but a bit pricey.  There is also Blazing Star on 1604, a couple of miles north of 90.  Never stayed there though.  One other I have stayed at a couple of times over on the SE side is Braunig Lake RV Resort.  A little further from Lackland, but still reasonable.  And it is a nice peaceful part.  Pet friendly as well with a little dog run to let your pet run off some energy if needed.

We stayed at Travelers Resort.  $43.00 per night in 2013.  If you want to take in the downtown (Riverwalk, Alamo, etc.) while you are there, there is a bus stop across the street from the resort entrance.  I think it cost $1.10 for us to take the bus into town.  Parking in San Antonio, likes most cities can be difficult.

When we are in San Antonio we stay here:
Hidden Valley RV Park, San Antonio, Texas 78242 - 5706 Coleman Way, From I-35, take Fischer Rd, ex 144 and go .75 mi E to entrance. Watch closely for Campground Road on your right. It is easy to miss., GPS: 29.29164, -98.61739

$35 a night and half price with Passport America. Very friendly place.

Jim

Thanks to all who responded to my request for campgrounds in San Antonio.
JOHN RP

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AvaRidge
Back
Top Bottom