SAN-I-FLUSH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Craig and Linda

Hi,
When I went to dump my black tank, my San=i=Flush did work.  The hose I connected to the San-I Flush female bib had water flowing but no noise,no filling of black tank.
I have a  2009  Sandpiper fifth wheel.  Any ideas of why it suddenly stopped working?  First trip in 6 months.
Thanks,
Craig

Our 'home made' SaniFlush uses the same pump with my custom plumbing. I occasionally find the fuse (in the On/Off switch) blown and have to replace it. However, since my system was originally their "portable" version that I installed semi-permanently, your switch & fuse may or may not be in the same location.

Separately, their installation suggests a fuse be installed close to the battery where the 12V supply for the pump originates. You might want to check if you have such a fuse and if it's blown.

I think Craig is talking about the San-T-Flush tank flushing system rather than the RV Sanicon tank pump-out system. It's basically just a garden hose connection to a tank sprayer, with an intervening vacuum breaker valve.  The San-T-Flush also includes a siphon bottle for injecting a tank chemical, which of course they sell to you under their brand name.  ;)

Craig: You say the water was flowing into the San-T-Flush, but where did it flow to if not the tank? Out on the ground?  Or did you just mean the hose had water under pressure when connected to the inlet?  There is a check valve in the flusher inlet - it is perhaps stuck closed. Carefully poke a stiff wire into the center of the inlet to see if the spring loaded ball there will move out of the way.

Yes, Gary you are right.  It is a simple hose connection and there seems to be a blockage, since the water does not flow from the hose into the SaniFlush.  As if hose valve is closed, but it is not.  When I remove the garden hose, water flows from the hose, but when connected to the SF bib it does not flow.  I will try the stiff wire to see if it is stuck closed.
Thanks.
Craig

Craig and Linda said:
Yes, Gary you are right.  It is a simple hose connection and there seems to be a blockage, since the water does not flow from the hose into the SaniFlush.  As if hose valve is closed, but it is not.  When I remove the garden hose, water flows from the hose, but when connected to the SF bib it does not flow.  I will try the stiff wire to see if it is stuck closed.
Thanks.
Craig

Be careful you don't scratch the ball. I'd use a pencil with a eraser on the end.

Maybe, depending on the brand of the inlet hardware. It should be hard, not matter what material is used. Rushing water wears things down (think Grand Canyon!).

On my unit the little ball valve is extremely stiff to operate when under pressure and leaks back when the pressure is removed. This, to me, indicates bad wear and the inlets needs replacing. 

In your case it could well be the ball valve is no longer functioning as it should and is likely jammed in the closed position.

Yes, I have the brand Sam-T-Flush.  Simple hose bib attachment of hose with no valve at inlet. It has a vacuum Breaker w/ check valve which is inline under my bathroom sink.  I removed it and there was some debris I flushed out.  I forced water into vacuum breaker and water flowed through to black tank hose connection side.  I will reinstall this VB w/ cv and see if I have solved the problem.  If not, it may be a clogged spraying jet.  Yuck.  That means I have to find access to the black tank where jet is installed, remove it and unclog or replace etc. etc.  I'll ask if anyone has any hints on how to do this, if needed.
I'll let you know if cleaning out the vacuum breaker does the trick.. I hope.
Craig

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fth
Back
Top Bottom