Satellite Connection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jeff said:
Splitters work fine after the satelitte receiver to route signal to two or more TVs. It is the sat antennae to receiver signal that will not work with normal TV splitters. As someone else has already mentioned you need a sat multi-switch or SWM technology to do that.

But there are splitters that work fine with satellite signals, such as this one, though they're not the ones you usually see at Walmart and such. They're simpler, of course, than an A-B switch.

Larry that is not a splitter that is a diplixer,  Designed to mix satellite and OTA signals onto a single coax (or Sat/Cable) and they do not work all that well.

There are indeed splitters,, They will say DISHNETWORK on them, I have one here.  And there are Switches (Automatic receiver controlled switches) Depending on the service and the antenna they work very well.. but.....  The entire system has to be compatible with the device you choose. 

I do know how they work, why they work, why they do not work,, I just am not current on DirecHDTV technology so I do not know what works there.

John From Detroit said:
Larry that is not a splitter that is a diplixer,
That is a splitter...and a diplexer. At their simplist both are three or more wires hooked together that provide proper source and load impedances for the circuits they connect. They can be DC blocking or DC pass through.
The more complex ones provide frequency discrimination and isolation for different bands of frequency. (Not the ones for Dish or DirecTV).
The ones for satellite may have inductive and capacitive elements to provide a fairly flat bandpass from ~0.2 to 3 ghz.
Bob

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
video7
Back
Top Bottom