Satellite in 2010 Access 31N

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TriadThinker

Hey folks have what I hope is a quick question. I'm using a portable Sat dish. I have no issue aiming it or getting it to technically work, I just feel there is a cleaner way. I have a hidden coax input back by the generator that I can hook up cable to. I have the standard switcher in the front. I thought that I could hook up the satellite dish output to the jack in the back, and push sat button on switcher and it would work. I have a wall plate with two female coax that are labeled "From Roof Satellite Dish" and another "to satellite receiver output", I was hoping the back input would come out the "from roof" which I could run into the DirectV box and then plug the Directv box out into the "to satellite receiver" jack and poof be done. No such luck, the only way it works is if I run the line directly from the Satellite dish to the Directv box. From there I can use the "to receiver output" jack in the wall. I feel like I'm doing something wrong because it seems like I shouldn't have to run the cable through a door or window. I found the wiring diagram:
http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/2010/10_wire_170112.pdf
which explains my problem, but fails to show that rear input. Any thoughts?

Look at the bottom left of page 3 here.  It doesn't appear that the rear sat input by your gen set goes to the switch.  Can you identify a loose coax somewhere in the area?  You might need to pick up a cheap tone test set, put the squeaker on the external coax, and tone out (listen for) the squeak on the coax cables.

Yours is similar to mine.
If using the input for cable and no separate ground satellite input you will have to work around your single input line.
Disconnect the input to the multiswitch panel and connect the cable to DirecTV receiver input.
I am assuming you are you using a non-HD receiver with an RF out. If you are, connect RF out to cable input on the multiswitch. Then select Satellite on the multiswitch.
If you have an HD receiver, you will have to connect an HDMI cable directly to TV.
For convenience, I have an A/B switch hooked up to allow routing the cable line to the DirecTV receiver input or the multiswitch. The receivers I use are HD with HDMI connection to TV.
Since cable TV works normally, this should work for you.
Bob

I have a similar setup in my 2013 Access 31WP.  The satellite lead leading to the connection box comes down from the roof while the cable connection comes from the plug in the back.  Since I do not have a roof satellite, and since I do not use cable, I simply rewired the connections at the connection box such that the lead from the back (originally connected to "cable") is now connected to the "satellite" terminal.  The lead from the roof is taped to another cable for possible future use, and it is clearly labelled (by me)  "sat from roof".  This works well for me.

I must say that I was surprised to see that Winnebago did not provide for external cable AND satellite connections in the Access, as they did in my Adventurer.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fth
Back
Top Bottom