Schooling on the road?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

masaholtzclaw

Was wanting some opinions/experience in regards to education while RV'ing.  We have a 5 year old and a 5 month old.
We MAY RV/travel quite a bit and I'm wanting some ideas/suggestions on home schooling and/or private schooling. 
Thanks
Amanda

There have been a number of prior discussions on the subject of home schooling. Try the Search button above.

Hi Amanda,
We have home schooled our 14 year old daughter since the beginning and it has been a great experience. It takes lots of work, but it's well worth the effort. We have traveled in the RV and overseas and schooling has never gotten in the way. We can do it anywhere. We also get creative and work our traveling into her education.
We belong to a charter school that is funded by the state (CA), so we get a budget every year for books and supplies. The charter school is set up to serve home school families and because it is state funded, students must take state aptitude tests at the end of every school year.
There are many options that vary by state. I would recommend looking online home school support groups in your area as they would be familiar with local laws. But if you have any questions, feel free to ask me. My wife is the real mastermind behind this, so I can refer you to her if you'd like more info.

Good luck,
Miguel

Back
Top Bottom