Screen door latch issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RandCGraves

In a previous post, I shared that we have purchased a 2018 Jayco Luxury 377RLBH. We will be hauling it to northern Michigan in late May or early June where we are seasonal campers with the intention of storing it on site for the winters. We have been 5-wheel owners for 35 years so this is not our first rodeo, however we are trying to familiarize the features on this Jayco before our departure and work out some kinks. One small issue is that the screen door will not catch the door frame. It is a latch system that we are unfamiliar with and I cannot find online. We are trying to see if there is an adjustment. I am including photos of (1) the latch when the screen door is open and attached to the entry door, and (2) the latch from inside when/where it is supposed to be latched to the door frame. (3) A close up of the portion of the latch that seems that it should be catching the frame of the door. It is obvious that it is not catching but how can it be adjusted?

(1)Screen door attached to entry
screen door latch attached to entry door.jpg
(2)Screen door supposedly closed
screen door latch inside.jpg

(3)Closeup of screen door latch NOT catching.
screen door latch inside closeup.jpg

Thanks in advance,
RandCGraves

Odd latch. Even Jayco does not show that one in their parts catalog. Have you tried loosening the screw on the button to see if will allow you to move the assembly.
Maybe contact Jayco.

Those latches usually have slotted holes for the mounting screws to allow for adjustment. If you can locate the mounting screws that is the first step in a solution.

Never seen a latch like that…. I would remove that screw in the button, release the four little retainer clips and have the whole thing fall apart in my hands, then on to plan B

UPDATE!
We disassembled the latch to see if there was an adjustment. It appeared to be adjusted as close to the latch as it could be. We put it back together on the door and were planning to order a different style. But VOILA! The door latched!!!

Love that we have this forum to come to for advice and guidance. We are still working out kinks so in the infamous words of Arnold Schwarzenegger, "I'll be back!"

RandCGraves

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom