Seatbelts in motorhomes for kids???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks!  That makes me feel a little better.  I would leave the option up to her parents.  I hadn't thought about it before but now it feels like a huge responsibility.  I'm not sure she would ever come alone with us, but who knows.  My daughter and sil are the type that never ever leave her overnight.  But with a second child on the way, who knows LOL

JoAnn

I didn't think of this before, but another option is buying a carseat that IS rated for side-impact crashes.  Those seats do exist, although they are not necessarily common or found at Wal-mart.  I'm guessing Britax probably makes one, they are considered "high end" and exceed government-required crash test ratings.  A lot of people like them for that reason, but they are more expensive also.

A certified Child Passenger Safety (CPS) tech would be the best person to ask for this type of information.  Seat designs are ALWAYS changing so there may be more out there than I'm aware of.  Check this website - http://www.safekids.org/in-your-area/ - for checkup events and technicians in your area.

haven't had a reason to do so yet...but my front passenger airbag has a switch to turn off the airbag that looks like it takes a key.  I got literally a fistful of keys when we bought our RV (used) but none of them fit.

Does anyone have a similar keyhole-switch to turn off the passenger airbag?  What does the key look like?  Maybe I just need to get medieval on that thing and apply a lot more pressure?  It looks plastic inside :(

The airbags are part of the Chevrolet chassis, so the airbag cutoff switch would be something that came from Chevy and not your motorhome manufacturer.  If you can't find it, your nearest dealership will probably turn one up.  Not sure of the price though, might want to try eBay too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sue2La
Back
Top Bottom