Security for remotely-stored RV?s, etc

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
  I mainly use the security system as a deterrent, hopefully. Although we have so many weapons here it?s almost embarrassing, I prefer not to have to confront somebody at gunpoint. That is a no-win situation for all involved. If someone breaks in the house while we are home, totally different, they most likely gonna die. My better half is from the Hatfield and McCoy part of the country and I have to rein her in a lot. ?
  Last summer somebody dumped a bunch of trash and junk at the top of our hill where the driveway is. We are the last place at the end of a small county road, so there is a turnaround there for the school bus, and that?s where they dumped it. I was so mad and had all kinds of preconceived ideas who did it and what I was gonna do when I found out. Dawn went up there and rooted through all that garbage and found a Halloween card from last year addressed to a young lady from Papaw.
  We have a thing here where people in this county can post things for sale or trade on Facebook. I don?t do Facebook, but my better half does. She took a picture of that Halloween card and posted it on Facebook and said ?you have one hour to get this mess cleaned up or I?m calling the cops.? And she put her phone number on there.
    Five minutes, if that, this lady called and she was furious for Dawn posting her daughters name on Facebook. After both of them calmed down, it ended up these people were doing some housekeeping and the lady asked her son and buddies to take this stuff to the dump. Instead, these teenagers did what teenagers do and dumped it on our place instead. Those boys were there within 15 minutes and cleaned every bit up, and the mom showed up to make sure they did. It sure wasn?t who I thought did it.
  I just wanted to point out that sometimes when my building alarm goes off, I now temper my reaction and response with the possibility it could be some goofy teenage kids.

this thread got me revisiting the idea of installing cameras around my house.
I see that Arlo now offers an LTE version called Arlo GO.
I haven't looked closely at it, but it seems to be on the order of a game camera, but maybe a little different.  perhaps an option to consider for RV monitoring.

Looks Good.  Better cameras than my home system.  Can see my house when am out and about  BUT not all areas. I like it.  JM2?

What is that security system advertised on TV that alerts your phone and you can see the intruders and actually speak to them. I think the commercial I saw was a couple of guys were casing a hose and the owner was alerted (she was away at the time) and she asked what they wanted. They said they were landscapers. She told them they needed to leave since she had already called 911.

Hi Boonieman,

You might consider a simply safe system. You would have to talk with them. They have video along with alarms. I'd suspect because of your distance, you'd need to put in some sort of booster in order to reach the house alarm to alert you.

I tend to worry about someone bothering our house out in the country but have a lot of good neighbors that keep and eye out along with my kids who live near by. I understand your concern.

Thanks! I?m not too worried about the house. We have three really good alert dogs here. (Labs) They aren?t aggressive in the least, but they let us know when somebody or something is around and we take it from there. We are pretty much way back in the woods and somebody would be kinda nuts to come down in here, but the poor ole camper sits up on top by its lonesome. Probably too far from the house even with a booster.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timothious
Back
Top Bottom