See What It Takes To Take Home $100K in Your State

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks about right at least for Michigan... OUCH the other state I almost settled in was SC (one of the RED states on that map...Of course it could be worse.. I know folks who live in OR

I know folks who live in OR
The governments always find a way to get your money.

But OR has no sales tax. So everything you buy is cheaper. They should have taken that into consideration with OR.

But if you're a tourist in OR and use the tourist stuff such as motels, they will have a nice high sales tax added.

-Don- Reno, NV

I'm not totally convinced this is absolutely correct. For the most part, federal tax is the same no matter the state you live in - it's the state tax that gets you. Arkansas's tax system ranks 38th overall on the 2024 State Business Tax Climate Index. And the state income tax rates only range up to 5.9%.

Delaware doesn’t have a sales tax either.
And DE is the better deal. In DE, they let you keep 66.89% of your money and takes an income of $149,545.00 to get a real true 100K$.

In OR, they only let you keep 63.99% of your money and it takes an income of $156,280.00 to get a real true 100K$.

-Don- Reno, NV

We lived in Las Vegas for two years; we’ll take Washington state.
So would I if I were stuck in LV. You may have that dump.

But I will take dry Reno over probably anywhere over rainy WA state. But it sure is beautiful country up there.

Such as Deception Pass, WA:

1710639685030.png

I don't understand ex-pats who move to 3rd world countries so they can live like kings. Most could live cheaper in MS which is only a 2nd world country :) But seriously, only the far west delta region from Natchez to Memphis gives MS the bad reputation.

And $24,000 of my retirement is not taxed (VA disability).
None of my Navy pension is taxed here. And the first $12,000 of our CA state pensions is exempt here. That will change when we get to AZ, though. They tax it all as regular income.

Last edited:
What made you decide to leave AR for AZ?

Not red-neckish enough for AR?

Go one more state NW and no state income tax.

-Don- Reno, NV
My wife's son and his family live there. I figured if we are ever going to move, now is the time before we get too old to make it happen. If something happens to me, her son would be shackled with helping her sell this place and get out there and I don't want that to happen.

I can redneck anywhere. As long as I have hunting and fishing I'm quite happy. 1710692795820.gif 1710692826915.gif

I don't understand ex-pats who move to 3rd world countries so they can live like kings. Most could live cheaper in MS which is only a 2nd world country :) But seriously, only the far west delta region from Natchez to Memphis gives MS the bad reputation.
Much the same with Florida, with a huge difference between the crowded & expensive South Florida that is well-known and the more rural north-central and panhandle regions. Or with New York, where most think the entire up-state region is like NYC & Long Island. And I'm sure others states could be cited as well.

Much the same with Florida, with a huge difference between the crowded & expensive South Florida that is well-known and the more rural north-central and panhandle regions. Or with New York, where most think the entire up-state region is like NYC & Long Island. And I'm sure others states could be cited as well.
California is the same. Most people I have met think it all looks like LA or San Francisco. I have to explain that most of it is rural woodland, or farmland. A large percentage of it looks like the below pics, which are from my deck here in W. AR.

Attachments

• 07-30_View-from-the-deck3.JPG
    07-30_View-from-the-deck3.JPG
    308.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 07-30_Sunset_last-day-on-the-books.JPG
    07-30_Sunset_last-day-on-the-books.JPG
    246.4 KB · Views: 5

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member