See What It Takes To Take Home $100K in Your State

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This was behind our house in England just a few miles from Cambridge. Very rural.

Attachments

• IMG_1858.jpeg
    IMG_1858.jpeg
    210.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1861.jpeg
    IMG_1861.jpeg
    217.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1866.jpeg
    IMG_1866.jpeg
    205.9 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1857.jpeg
    IMG_1857.jpeg
    229.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1856.jpeg
    IMG_1856.jpeg
    207 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1855.jpeg
    IMG_1855.jpeg
    211.4 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1854.jpeg
    IMG_1854.jpeg
    190 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1853.jpeg
    IMG_1853.jpeg
    205.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1852.jpeg
    IMG_1852.jpeg
    119.1 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1851.jpeg
    IMG_1851.jpeg
    100.2 KB · Views: 1
California is the same. Most people I have met think it all looks like LA or San Francisco. I have to explain that most of it is rural woodland, or farmland. A large percentage of it looks like the below pics, which are from my deck here in W. AR.

Looks a lot like Minnesota

California is the same. Most people I have met think it all looks like LA or San Francisco. I have to explain that most of it is rural woodland, or farmland. A large percentage of it looks like the below pics, which are from my deck here in W. AR.
Yep.
My county in California is roughly the size of Connecticut, and has 34,000 people. A third of those are long-term guests of the state. Mostly federal land and open to boondocking. Our town is so small we do not have a town drunk -- we have to take turns. No sidewalks, no traffic signals, not even a Starbucks. The Entering and Leaving signs on the highway are on the same post.

My county in California is roughly the size of Connecticut, and has 34,000 people.
With rattlesnakes safely crossing Hwy 395, because of the lack of cars.

I mentioned that because I saw a snake, I didn't want to run over it, so I stopped the RV right there on the Hwy and got out and got it off the Hwy. It was a little rattlesnake, just south of Goose Lake on Hwy 395.

Not a single car in either direction while I was doing that.

That was many years ago (at least 20), but I doubt that area has changed much. Hwy 395 looks like a small farm road up there, from what I can remember.

I have been all over that area, but mostly on a motorcycle back in the 1970's. Camped out somewhere near Twin Lakes.

-Don- Reno, NV

Yep.
My county in California is roughly the size of Connecticut, and has 34,000 people. A third of those are long-term guests of the state. Mostly federal land and open to boondocking. Our town is so small we do not have a town drunk -- we have to take turns. No sidewalks, no traffic signals, not even a Starbucks. The Entering and Leaving signs on the highway are on the same post.
I had a friend who worked at that guest house...made Sergeant there.

With rattlesnakes safely crossing Hwy 395, because of the lack of cars.

I mentioned that because I saw a snake, I didn't want to run over it, so I stopped the RV right there on the Hwy and got out and got it off the Hwy. It was a little rattlesnake, just south of Goose Lake on Hwy 395.

Not a single car in either direction while I was doing that.

That was many years ago (at least 20), but I doubt that area has changed much. Hwy 395 looks like a small farm road up there, from what I can remember.

I have been all over that area, but mostly on a motorcycle back in the 1970's. Camped out somewhere near Twin Lakes.

-Don- Reno, NV

Goose Lake would be Modoc County. Even more rural than Lassen.
US 395 is two lane, no shoulder. But at least it is paved (sort of).

North of there in Oregon it gets really empty. Better top off with fuel, water, propane, and food in Lakeview, because there is nothing between there and Burns. Perfect boondocking. :)

Goose Lake would be Modoc County. Even more rural than Lassen.
US 395 is two lane, no shoulder. But at least it is paved (sort of).

North of there in Oregon it gets really empty. Better top off with fuel, water, propane, and food in Lakeview, because there is nothing between there and Burns. Perfect boondocking.
When you mentioned Lakeview, it reminded me the last time I was up that way was just a few years ago. But on a motorcycle, my Harley Road Glide Ultra. Went through Lakeview, OR and then went east to Denio Junction, NV. That is what I would call rural. But there is a lot of that in NV.

-Don- Reno, NV

When you mentioned Lakeview, it reminded me the last time I was up that way was just a few years ago. But on a motorcycle, my Harley Road Glide Ultra. Went through Lakeview, OR and then went east to Denio Junction, NV. That is what I would call rural. But there is a lot of that in NV.

-Don- Reno, NV
We had to take OR-140 in 2021 when the Dixie Fire closed 395. We wanted to go east on I-80 to Wells where we had reservations. Forced to take an alternate route. I had never been that way before, despite living here 40+ years. I have to admit it is scenic (at least to me), but as you said really remote. Several years ago we spent a week at the Warner Wetlands and Steens Mountains. Those are also off-the-beaten-path scenic and interesting spots to camp. Lots of wildlife!

Back
Top Bottom