Seeking Suggestions for Securing a Vinyl Fence Post

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gizmo

I want to get a vinyl fence post for sewer hose storage on my bumper. Looking for ways to secure it to my bumper. My first thought was a couple of flat U-bolts but I have not seen any long enough as the total height of my bumper and a 5" Vinyl fence post is 11". So my next idea is zip ties, which I am not completely opposed to, except they can over time break, so one more thing to keep an eye on. I am hoping for some ideas of hardware I can use. Thanks.

I want to get a vinyl fence post for sewer hose storage on my bumper. Looking for ways to secure it to my bumper. My first thought was a couple of flat U-bolts but I have not seen any long enough as the total height of my bumper and a 5" Vinyl fence post is 11". So my next idea is zip ties, which I am not completely opposed to, except they can over time break, so one more thing to keep an eye on. I am hoping for some ideas of hardware I can use. Thanks.
How about a hose clamp. They're available in sizes that would do what you need.

Here's a 16" x 4" square U-bolt from The U-Bolt Store. www.uboltstore.com. They'll make any size custom u-bolts you need. They can get pricey for a u-bolt tho. This one is $13 bucks.

I used 6" PVC (Sch 80) and stainless steel heavy duty hose claps on our TT. It's been 5 years and no problems so far

Here's a 16" x 4" square U-bolt from The U-Bolt Store. www.uboltstore.com. They'll make any size custom u-bolts you need. They can get pricey for a u-bolt tho. This one is $13 bucks.

Thank you for this link, looks like this might be an option.

If you are equipped to thread rod, just buy the diameter you want at a local hardware or big box store and bend it to fit. "All thread" could also be used, but it wouldn't be as "clean" looking. Short lengths of flat stock can be drilled to complete the job.

Or you could use threaded rod and simply put a cross bar with washers and nuts and each end. Might eliminate having to find a U-bolt to fit. Although the extra large hose clamp solution seems to fit the bill.

Last edited:
Whatever post cover you buy, be sure to get one large enough for the hose ends to fit into, having to remove the ends every time would get tiresome quickly.
Why not simply drill a hole through both sides and the bottom of the bumper, then use a sheet metal screw to hold the post cover onto the bumper?
The outside hole must be enlarged enough to accept the screw head and washer, but you'll need a drain hole anyway.
It's good you are putting the post cover on top of the bumper, the first time you drag the rear, the post cover mounted underneath is history.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sue2La
Back
Top Bottom