Seilerbird razor.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rene T

Site Team
Instead of adding onto Tom’s original post which is quite long, I just thought it would be easier to start a new one.
Just a little background, Tom purchased a new electric razor on Amazon and said he liked it so much, he passed the information onto us.
I purchased one and in the beginning, I wasn’t sure I was going to like it. We’ll I decided that I like it and will keep it.
What I do before taking my shower, I use Lectric Shave and shave first outside the shower. Then while in the shower, I lather up with bar soap and run the razor over my face again. My face doesn’t feel like a babies butt but it’s close.

My question to Tom is, seem so I read that you replaced the blades. If you did Tom, where did you get them. I want to make sure when mine do need replacement, I get some that are compatible. Thanks

Instead of adding onto Tom’s original post which is quite long, I just thought it would be easier to start a new one.
Just a little background, Tom purchased a new electric razor on Amazon and said he liked it so much, he passed the information onto us.
I purchased one and in the beginning, I wasn’t sure I was going to like it. We’ll I decided that I like it and will keep it.
What I do before taking my shower, I use Lectric Shave and shave first outside the shower. Then while in the shower, I lather up with bar soap and run the razor over my face again. My face doesn’t feel like a babies butt but it’s close.

My question to Tom is, seem so I read that you replaced the blades. If you did Tom, where did you get them. I want to make sure when mine do need replacement, I get some that are compatible. Thanks
Nope, i did not replace the blades. I use canned air to clean the blades. I am glad you like it.

Replacement blades for my Norelco (which this is a clone of) costs $20 to $25. The cost of this razor was, if I recall, $23. The blades will go bad about the same time the batteries won't charge up any more, scrap it at that point.

I have only used the Amazon razor once to try it out, its in the travel trailer, and over the next couple of weeks will get a good test..

Charles

I purchased one and have used it at home a few times with good results. I expect to use it for the most part instead of a regular razor during a two-month trip this year. It's easy enough to use a razor at home, but I like the option of something easier with less water use and hovering over a small sink on the road. Thanks, Tom!

Jim R.

Greetings,

I just changed from a name brand that I use to like to a new one less know called Harry's. Reason for change was the old brand either had a bad batch or changed the material to dull faster. I was having a hard time just getting four or five shaves out of it. For the price charge I expect more.

I have used the Harry's brand a couple of times and it is good so far. I'll try to chime in again to let people know what I think later on. I felt so positive about the brand I bought more blades.
Best!

I'll probably get some boo's, but I've used plain old BIC disposable razors for many years, and haven't found any need to change. Even with the post stroke blood thinners I'm on, they still work well with no nicks ever despite one doctor suggesting I could bleed to death if I didn't switch to an electric razor right away. :)

A couple months back I reported my Seilerbird razor was making a metallic screeching noise. I soaked the blades in very hot water for an hour, then ran it with the blades submersed in hot water. It loosened whatever invisible buildup was there and it has run quietly for the past month.

The blades will go bad about the same time the batteries won't charge up any more, scrap it at that point.
Yep. The SeilerBird razor is so cheap, by the time the blades wear out, just buy another razor.

The old days when I used to buy blades for my Norelco are long gone. The complete SeilerBird razor costs less than the new Norelco blades used to cost me.

OTOH, we all sure throw away a lot more electronic junk than we used to.

-Don- Reno, NV

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom