Seilerbird

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad you're OK.  A couple of posts from members re a comment you made in the past surprised me.  I expected better behaviour from those members.  Mind you I think most of it was said in fun, but I did think they were 'cheap shots'.  This forum is one that I have stayed with because people here are friendly and not abusive.  Sorry that a few spoil it for others, but that is always the way isn't it.  Don't let a few keep you away from a great forum.  I still think this is the best RV forum on the net and I've looked at lots and lots of them. 
Take care...

Ruth

workingtorv said:
Comments like not taking his meds is one example of why he is ticked among others.  My observation is that there were inappropriate comments and I don't know why people feel the need to stir the pot when he made it clear that he wasn't happy with some of them but yet people keep going.  I understand that the intent was for fun but there is a time to stop when it is apparent that the person wasn't finding any humour in it, I find it as Bullying.  Just my thoughts and observation.  I will miss reading his posts and viewing his photography, I am pretty sure he won't be back this time.
Bullies are such brave souls.
I liken it to postings, like the CB radio reply's, in that a poster/motor mouth can feel secure from retaliation and post/say something they'd never do in person. Back in the "day" it was often called microphone balls. I'm not sure what a proper cyber space moniker should be..

Icemaker said:
Back in the "day" it was often called microphone balls. I'm not sure what a proper cyber space moniker should be..

I like the term "keyboard commando."

Welcome back Tom, I didn't think you'd stay away long.

Luca1369 said:

Welcome back Tom, I didn't think you'd stay away long.

I like that Steve, and also welcome Tom back...His spin on subjects is always enlightening..

And Tom, this is a personal "clap on the back"..looking forward to your views.

Welcome back Tom, please don't let a few ruin the benefit the rest of us have in hearing from you.

zzyzx said:
I wish to thank all the polite people on this forum who voiced their support for me in this thread, via PMs or via email. You are wonderful. It is sad that a few rotten eggs have to spoil the whole basket.
Tom,
It has never ceased to amaze me the huge amount of courage that some folks develop when they sit at a keyboard.  I seriously doubt that any of them would say to your face the garbage they post.  There is one guy on this forum (and he is on a couple of others) who has letter bombed me with dozens of insulting emails.  When I responded he complained to the moderators.  I suspect he may be one of your tormentors.  For his sake, I hope our paths never cross.

Anyway, I enjoy your pics.  Glad to see you back.

Bill

Hi Tom!

I was kind of busy there for a while and suddenly started seeing posts that you were gone.  And then I saw a few that were totally uncalled for in my opinion.  I wish people would think before they speak!  Anyway, we miss you and hope you'll stick around.

On another topic, I thought of you when I read an article in the Jan. 16, 2012 issue of Forbes.  It's about Wind farms but talks about the problems with birds, in particular your beloved condors, flying into the blades.  If you want me to keep it for you, I will.

Cheers and take care,
ArdraF

Luca1369 said:

On usenet they're called trolls, and the best way to treat them is to ignore them.  "Don't feed the trolls".

Don't let the bumpkins wear you down!  (I cleaned that up a little.)  ::)

We enjoy having you around and especially enjoy your beautiful pictures.  If you ignore the creeps, they'll eventually get bored and pick on someone else.

Margi

Tom,

I have never met you in person, but just by reading your posts I can tell  you are a very kind, giving and patient man. When I was
shopping for my first camera you repled to so many of my post. I so appreciated all of the time you took doing that. When you posted
that if anyone wanted any help in photography that you were going to be at the Grand canyon from this date to that. I thought to myself
what a giving person is he. I understand why you are going to back off but please I have not had the opportunity to meet you yet
so please don't give up completely and do let us know where you will be because I can still use some help with my photography :D

Ned said:
On usenet they're called trolls, and the best way to treat them is to ignore them.  "Don't feed the trolls".

Agreed, as well as the term "flame war" which refers to a forum thread that turns into insults being thrown around with much abandon... usually due to differing opinions.  Those kinds of comments (as well as threads that contain them) are usually removed from view or locked by staff here, to keep this "The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing."  ;)

Just like interpersonal communications, internet "backlash" is usually doesn't happen without someone lashing out in the first place.  It can start small and snowball into something inappropriate.  As we all know, the old "sticks and stones" phrase is untrue in most cases.  Even online.

Tom, I am really sorry that the comments posted forced you to delete your account.  Just so you know, I personally will miss your postings and your photography but most of all your humour.  I am glad that my post got your attention and led you to let us know you were still out there.  I just felt the need to voice my opinion on your behalf.  On the plus side there are allot more friendly helpful people on this forum then those that feel the need to voice their unfriendly comments, the majority are wonderful people who are always willing to lend a hand.

I wish you the best of luck in selling your motorhome in a tough market and wish you many enjoyable journeys and to wonderful friendships you gain in your travels.

If you are ever in the Northeast during the summer months please let me know where just in case we are enroute in the same area.

Tom,

Welcome back. I am sorry for the nasty comment directed your way. Your are right in that it is OK to disagree, but it certainly shouldn't get personal.

I wish you good luck in selling the Allegro. btw did you get the mirror you needed for the new MH?

It's certainly OK to not be active in posting. I have "gone silent" several times over the past 18 years. But in the end the forum is "home" to many of our friends.

Just sit back and enjoy reading the forum. Enjoy your friends on the forum. Ignore the others. Friends are an important part of our lives, don't leave them behind.

Ken

[quote author=Ken & Sheila]Enjoy your friends on the forum. Ignore the others.[/quote]

Thanks for the reminder Ken; Some folks may not realize that they have the ability in their profile to ignore someone's posts, and even entire message boards. In the old days we used to call this feature a "twit filter".

Tom Seiler,

Welcome back my friend.  For your info in the past both Ardra and I have set our "twit filter" to ignore a member of the RV Forum. 

JerryF

I made a new friend at QZ and that friend is you. Your mh runs all the time -that's better than some around here! I want you to use that twit filter Tom linked for all of us. 12 or 13 years ago I almost used it but waited and years ago, at QZ? we became friends and now you, him and I along with Lou enjoyed a great time at dinner. ::)

I hope to see you when you come to Bosque del Apache and I do have a place where you plug in though its an hour away from those birds, but not from Bernardo.

Welcome back.   

Hi there, 
As Brens said, I haven't gotten the chance to meet you yet.  We are new to RVing and still pretty new to this forum and you both welcomed and helped us at every turn.  Thank you and I hope you will stay and continue to post.  Us "Newbies" need folk like you.  Hope to meet someday.

Tom has been very nice to me and his information very useful.  I appreciate that he will still make him self available as a reference to those of us who appreciate his opinion even if only by PM.

Thanks
Jeff

I am so sorry to see someone whose opinion I valued leave the forum!  I've only been around for a little over a year and yet have learned so much from this forum.  Seilerbird has helped me with several of my dilemmas and I've come to value what he has to say, unlike some of the "blow" hards that I read about.  Just my 2 cents worth...:) Mikie

Frankly any Forum member leaving with or without all the dramatics is unnecessary.  Last I understood, just posting with different views has always been excepted without foot stomping and posting of lengthy manifestos.  Tom's welcome here at anytime, it's his choice to participate or not.  I'd love to meet Tom in a camping excursion, that's what it's all about here. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom