Service center told me 2010 is the last year for the Sprinter chassis.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rving

Just took my Reyo in for inspection to an authorized Dodge service center.
The tech use to work for Winnebago and was quit familiar with the Sprinter chassis. He said this was the last year for manufacturing, no more. As a new owner this came as a surprise and a concern. I hope it has more to do with who is going to service them then bad design or mechanical issues.
Anyone have any insight on this?

In all likelihood it has to do with the sale of Chrysler by Daimler a few years ago.  The Sprinter is Mercedez designed and built, and you will probably find it will be imported by them once the agreement with Chrysler runs out.  So, I would not be concerned as even if Chrysler stops servicing them, you will be able to get good service at the Mercedez dealer.

Freightliner also imports this chassis and will continue to work on them and sell them...you should have no problems finding service/parts.  Just not at a Dodge/Chrysler dealer.

We were thinking of a Navion but with the change we won't have any one in our area to work on them and would have to either drive or have towed over 100 miles! :eek:

The Navion is the only one which would fit through our 8 1/2' rv gate so needed something narrow and not as tall because of our roof overhang so we are really limited.

Mercedes has officially announced they are taking the Sprinter away from Chrysler and will market it in future themselves, primarily through Freightliner but I thought the tone of the announcement was such that it left the door open for Mercedes dealers to sell and service it also.

madrone said:
Mercedes has officially announced they are taking the Sprinter away from Chrysler and will market it in future themselves, primarily through Freightliner but I thought the tone of the announcement was such that it left the door open for Mercedes dealers to sell and service it also.

Is Winnebago done with this chassis. Just bought the Via/Reyo, I hope the news does not de value our new MH.
Fingers crossed service centers do not become sparse. Id hate to have to drive to far out of the way to get service. Not to happy with the news but I guess things happen. 

Back
Top Bottom