Service Check for Used RV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sammybenjamin

I am new to RV'ing and want to start exploring this adventure. I found a RV that is used and had some questions.

1 - How safe is is to buy an Used 2008 Sandpiper 5th wheel?
2 - What items do I need to check before I make the deal an pay the seller?
3 - Where can I take the RV to get it checked to make sure it is worthy and does not have any existing issues?

The Pontiac RV in IL tells me they service RV's and check only the gas/oven system but not offer full maintenance check,  even though  they claim they can fix any problem if *** I tell them what the problem is **** ???? 

Any advise to get started in the right direction will be appreciated.

Regard,s
Sammy

Look in the yellow pages or online for someone who is mobile. These guys make repairs on your site and they may also do inspections. A inspection by a qualified/certified inspector is a must if you're new to RV'ing.

The check list is a excellent way to go.  Like myself I bought mine in the late fall of the year and didn't get to really play with the RV till the next spring. But I had plenty of time to look over everything in depth. As for inspection CampingWorld was nice to fire everything up for me before the winterized everything and showed that everything was working.

Back
Top Bottom