Service manual

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brody

Hi! I have a 1990 fleetwood pace arrow. It has a John Deere chassis and the ford 460 7.5 engine. There's so many hands involved in putting this thing together. Does anyone know where I might find a service manual that would address the entire vehicle?
Thanks!

There is no such thing.  There probably will be a chassis service manual, but finding one may be a challenge. John Deere became Oshkosh which was bought out by Freightliner and became Freightliner Custom Chassis. You can get basic Ford 460 info from Ford truck service manuals, but details like generators, belts and such will differ. And Fleetwood never produces a service manual, so it is non-existent.

You can usually find operator and sometimes service manuals for the major appliances, e.g. fridge, water heater, a/c, and furnace. See the RESOURCES section for help in finding those.

Okay, thanks. Good info. So probably start by calling freightliner custom chassis. It's the mechanical side of things I'm interested in knowing more about. What all is under the hood and diagrams of it all

If you go to "accessfreightliner.com" you can sign up and gain access to a lot of the data you are looking for there.  It takes a while to get signed in, weeks in fact, for most of us.

If you want the actual service manual, bring dollars as FL likes it a lot.

When I bought my big beautiful Bounder, I also bought the Ford service manual.  It goes into great depth to explain all the workings of the Ford truck mechanism.  It does NOT, however, touch on water heaters, fridges, inverters, etc. etc.  You can get most of this info either from the mfr web site, or, if you don't have the operators manual, call mfr tech support for it. This forum, way above all the rest (and I've been on pert near all of them) has the best support system of all. But you still need a good DVM and electrical knowledge.

Back
Top Bottom