Seven baby ducks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tom and Margi said:
Keep that phone with you always, Tom.  I remember when it saved your life.  I try to make sure Tom never leaves the house in his electric wheelchair without his phone.  It's definitely a lifeline.
I have my phone in a wallet and I have a small D ring carabiner clip that is attached to the wallet. When I am sitting in the living room watching TV I have a hook that I hang the wallet on so it is right next to me. Then when I leave the house the wallet goes into my pocket. At night I hang the phone up on another hanger right next to my bed and the charger plug is right there so it gets charged every night. I always have my phone within easy reach and it is always charged. The thing I like about cell phone photography the most is that the phone is always with me. :))

Sounds like you have it well orchestrated so you always have access to the phone. I constantly have to remind Chris to take her phone wth her. The search for her glasses is a daily or more frequent event.

It does look like you have the best site in the park. I always enjoy your pics and comments. Dick nvrver

Tom said:
Sounds like you have it well orchestrated so you always have access to the phone. I constantly have to remind Chris to take her phone wth her. The search for her glasses is a daily or more frequent event.
I take my phone very seriously. If I fall again I am going to have a phone with me.

nvrver said:
It does look like you have the best site in the park. I always enjoy your pics and comments. Dick nvrver
Thank you Dick. I am positive I have the best site not only in the park but in central Florida. I get a hoagie roll every morning and sit on my swing and marvel at the fabulous scenery.

Great Pictures Tom!  Thanks for sharing.  Whenever I see you make a picture post, I know that I'll enjoy them!

Thank you Larry! I ride my exercise bike every morning looking out on my ducks in the lagoon. They have been taking flying lessons all week, flying across the lagoon and doing an awkward landing. They are adorable.

My next door neighbors have a pond and every year multiple Canadian geese come and have their babies. We have a mulberry tree, so all the parents line up their babies and parade over to our tree twice a day. There are a few adults in the front, baby geese in the middle, and more parents at the end.

I have enjoyed this event for the last nineteen years, and hope to enjoy it for many more. It's so much fun watching the geese go from little fluff balls to full grown adults who fly away.

Thank you for the fun memories.

Tom said:
That sounds familiar. ;D I have to make sure I put my glasses in the same spot otherwise I can't see well enough to find them. My cell phone saved my butt the other day. We got back to the car at Walmart and I realized I didn't have my hearing aids. The GPS told me they were in the parking lot so we retraced our steps, Lynda spotted them. They fell out when I took the infernal mask off, it is mandatory in the store

ClickHill said:
My next door neighbors have a pond and every year multiple Canadian geese come and have their babies. We have a mulberry tree, so all the parents line up their babies and parade over to our tree twice a day. There are a few adults in the front, baby geese in the middle, and more parents at the end.

I have enjoyed this event for the last nineteen years, and hope to enjoy it for many more. It's so much fun watching the geese go from little fluff balls to full grown adults who fly away.

Thank you for the fun memories.
In the 90s I lived in Reno and hiked around Virginia Lake Park every day. They had a a whole bunch of ducks and geese there and every year there were cute little processions marching around the lake.

Attachments

• Goose, Canada (1).jpg
    Goose, Canada (1).jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 15
That procession is the kind of pic that I always wish I had a camera (or phone) for.

[quote author=Roy M]... I realized I didn't have my hearing aids. They fell out when I took the infernal mask off, it is mandatory in the store[/quote]

I've heard/read similar stories from several friends.

The GPS told me they were in the parking lot...

Just curious - do the hearing aids have a GPS transmitter built in?

One of the reasons I love digital photography so much is that I get to use my favorite images for wallpaper on my laptops and on my phones. This is the current shot of my phone:

Attachments

• Ducks.jpg
    Ducks.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 20
Just curious - do the hearing aids have a GPS transmitter built in?
I had not heard of that either so a Google search showed that not only do they have hearing aids with a GPS built in, it is essentially a 'smart hearing aid' with a host of additional options.

https://www.truhearing.com/more-resources/amazing-benefits-smartphone-hearing-aids/

My phone also shows battery level which is extremely useful. I can use it to turn them on and off as well as adjust the sound levels. The phone is way smarter than I am ;D

After Rene got a storm named after him I just assumed they would name the S storm Seilerbird but noooooooo, they named it Sally. Then they could have named the T storm Tom but noooooooooo, they are naming it Teddy. I hate the NOAA now. :mad:

Meanwhile the ducks held a party on Lake Seilerbird yesterday afternoon after the rain storm.

Attachments

• Lake Seilerbird.jpg
    Lake Seilerbird.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 23

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlie13
Back
Top Bottom