Sever weather in Milwaukee tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok, that part of the city got the most rain.  We were lucky and only got 4-5" I think.  It was several feet deep at the low end of the street around the storm drain.  When the drain gets clogged with leaves and branches, it doesn't work fast enough and the street floods.  I'm not sure it could keep up last night even if it weren't clogged.  I know one Harley got flooded but most of the cars were moved to high ground in time, except for one van with a flat tire.

That is a lot of rain.  We are almost twice our normal rainfall here in Lincoln, Nebraska.  It is crazy!  Now it is just plain HOT......95 degrees, high humidity, high dew points.  Nasty Nasty!

It's finally cleared up.  Temp is 85, heat index is 91 and RH only 64%.  Downright balmy :)

Lorna,
We're OK. They keep the catch basins pretty clear here in the Mobile Home park. So the road drains pretty good.  The ground is saturated. It won't take much more.

We are trying to get appts. and errands done in the morning before the heat of the day. With humidity, the heat indexes are sometime 100+.

We got slammed pretty good with the wind at 2:00 am the other night. With watches and warning that just don't seem to expire.

I wish I would of taken a picture of the sun set last night.  Looked gorgeous, out of the wind shield. And terrifying out of the side window.

Yep More to Come. We're south of I-94, so we usually don't get hit quite as hard. (i bet i'll be sorry i said that) There was an unconfirmed tornado in Wyandotte.

The storm shelter is a 50' walk. But being through 3 tornadoes, 1 hurricane, countless straight line windstorms, and a storm widow for 35 years, I doubt if I would go. (i'll probably be sorry i said that too)

Worried about friends in Nebraska, and D is safe so far in Ks. Try to stay out of the heat, and keep an eye on the weather. The ice maker couldn't of picked a worst time to stop functioning. But all is good. And Mother Nature will continue her anger at man's destruction.

Sat dish up, sat dish down, sat dish up, sat dish down,
Stay safe

Last night brought more rain, but not nearly as heavy as Thursday night.  Most of it is through here now and headed right for you, Barb.  We didn't get really strong winds in the bad rains so we left the awnings out.  I've never stowed our satellite antennas.

Ned/Lorna:

Too bad some of that water can't be channeled to the SW. 

Our daughter up in Appleton is crying "Enough, already!!!!"  They've had 15 inches of rain since June when the normal for the entire summer season is 3.5 inches.  They have "lake front" property now, with a "nice little pond" out back.  They got 3-4 inches in 20 minutes the other day. 

Family in Maine aren't much better off.  They had three confirmed tornadoes in neighboring towns with lots of damage.  Maine hardly EVER gets tornadoes, but they seem to be coming more frequently now.

Even with the heat, I still like where I'm at.  Daily monsoons are occurring but not putting out as much as we'd like them to.  ;)

Stay dry, and don't float away.  Next summer you'll probably be looking for some of that water.....  :D

Daisy

Daisy, if there were a way to get some of the water to you we'd do it.  This has been a very wet year for us.  First the winter in TX and now in Milwaukee.  I'm really missing the desert about now :(

Ned, is the moss growing between your toes yet? We need a Congressional investigation to see as to who the culprit is causing all this stuff.. 

Is it El Nino, Algore, BP...I am at a loss.  ;D

Carson

Carson, no moss, but I see fish swimming in the grass :)  The sun is shining, radar is almost clear, but it's hot and humid.  I'm blaming it on Iowa as that's where it's all coming from.

We're not making it to Oshkosh this year.  If the weather continues, I guess we picked a good year not to go.  We moved our son out of the apartments over on S 20th last December.  He's in Salt Lake City now, so we don't have any relatives to check on.

You and Lorna take care.  There aren't many storm shelters up there.

Oshkosh could be a little soggy next week.  No major weather problems in the forecast but there could be some rain during the week and temps in the 80s.  A good year to skip it, Larry.

Back
Top Bottom