Sewer connect kits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tom said:
Some folks just have no sense of taste or smell? ;D? Bet he didn't wash his hands afterwards either.

Don't know but your probably right.  Besides why wash his hands after all he will get the same bugs out of his faucet. ???

Tom said:
LOL Ron, good story re the guy using his white hose.

I've never really understood how those hose connections can be effective for flushing the tank. Like you, I use the pre-installed tank flushing system. We did a have a problem at one point with the flushers not working and I didn't figure out if that was due to low water pressure or something clogging the flush nozzles. For a short while we were running a spearate hose into the coach and into the toilet to perform the flush, but we don't need to do that now because the flushers have worked fine on the last few trips.

I'm not positive but I believe all tank flushes have (should have) anti siphon valves installed. Low pressure might have been your problem.

Morning All...  I have the elbow with the hose attahcment.  I find it does a decent job of flushing, if you have enough pressure.  It is no way as good as the type that are permanent, but if you don't have that it is a good second.  Need good pressure, but it does flush. 

Cmping World, I now have the convenience of walking there on my lunch hour!  I have started my new job at Lazy Days, will be training for a little longer, but will be on the floor with mentor next week.  If you are stopping in for lunch, please lok me up!  I am in office 166 on Lifestyle Blvd.

So I have the clear elbow, with a hose connection, and it's own slide valve.

This means that I close the slide valve on the elbow, open the hose connection (at the elbow) and fill the tank up.  Then I let it drain and monitor colour and stuff going by.  After two or three such fills, on occasion may be four or five, the outflow is clear and there is no longer any stuff coming out--and I'm hoping the paper, etc., is all off the sensors :).

Now I do use a white hose for that purpose, but it's not my freshwater white hose!  And, I've put gray duct tape on both ends and at a few spots in between to mark it as a Grey hose; and I store it in the sewer and tool bay while the drinking hose goes in a different bay.

I keep three twelve foot lengths of each form of hose so that I can get the length I need for the place I'm at.

Oh yes, there's an anti-siphon doo-daddy at every join--with those doo-daddys maintained separate by virtue of leaving them on their respective hoses.

Works for me and I don't think I'm presenting harm to anyone else in doing it this way--but, let me know--both barrels of course ;).

Ciao,

Doug

DougJ said:
This means that I close the slide valve on the elbow, open the hose connection (at the elbow) and fill the tank up.  Then I let it drain and monitor colour and stuff going by.  After two or three such fills, on occasion may be four or five, the outflow is clear and there is no longer any stuff coming out--and I'm hoping the paper, etc., is all off the sensors :).

Doug,
I used to do it that way and am not proud of it. Just think about what you are saying....black tanks probably average 30-40 gallon capacity. What an incredible waste of water!!!

With the new in-tank flush, you will do a much better job with a whole lot less water. Most of the new RVs have this system but one can be retrofitted on an older black tank.

BBA

Don't need to fill, just a bit, doesn't use that much water, however the intank spray is the way to go.

This year (06) Winnebago has gotten clever, the tank handles are color coded black and grey.  They have another new(er) feature, there is a pop out filler in the bottom of the utility bay, so you don't have to snake the hose from below, you can just connect and it slides in.  (clear?) 

Jim.  I use wa1ri at netzero.com for email, the yahoo is hardly ever seen. 

You're right, Bruce, on both counts: my approach is using far more water than is really necessary (25 gal, less than the 30 - 40you mention) and the "sprays" can be retrofitted (and mine may be more difficult because I had heaters placed on the outside of the tanks and then the tanks sprayed with foam--didn't want any freezing as we travelled south and wanted to use the the facilities.

Ciao,

Doug

Back
Top Bottom