Sewer hookup adaptors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lee Ann

I purchased a FEMA trailer. It did not come with a septic hose. When I went to see how to attach Rhino hose I discovered it does not have a bayonet fitting. It has a 3" male thread pipe! Is there an adapter I can get to connect this to a bayonet fitting? I haven't been able to find one online. FEMA trailers don't have holding tanks so It doesn't have a shut off valve but it I could find one with the threaded female I would even go that route.

Yes, but can't find anything threaded on one end and bayonet on the other.

If you have enough room, you can cut off the male threaded fitting and glue on a bayonet fitting. If you do not have room to cut it off, you can add a female threaded fitting and a short piece of pipe and then the bayonet fitting. https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Sewer/LaSalle-Bristol/34466V293B3.html

The first thing you want is valve. 3? threaded pvc ball valves are readily and cheaply available. You made need a 90 or 45 degree elbow depending on position of original pipe location. Many ways to tie hose to valve. Bayonet fitting might require 3? hose nipple,short hose and clamps, then bayonet fitting. Rhino type hose can be tough to slide on fittings. Heat gun or hair dryer very helpful.

I've seen an adapter that has female thread x bayonet, but don't offhand remember where.  However, the fitting that has male thread x bayonet is common and you can get or make a short pipe nipple with female thread on both ends so the standard male thread adapter could be used.

My choice would be to cut off the male thread end and glue on a bayonet fitting (3" slip x bayonet).

Another solution is to make a short hose with a 3" female thread on one end and bayonet on the other. (below). Screw the short adapter hose onto the male thread outlet and then connect whatever other hoses you need to the bayonet end.  I suggest a short hose because it is awkward to screw on a long one, so just use the short one as a sort of flex adapter to connect other hoses.

https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-F02-2004-Hose-Female-Adapter/dp/B003VASW9C/

jubilee raises the question of a valve. If there is no closure valve, that needs to be added first.  FEMA trailers often lack one because they are typically hard-plumbed to the sewer and have no holding tank.  Which is maybe your next problem...  Without a holding tank, you must have continuous connection to an external sewer line.

I think the more fundamental question is how are you planning to use this trailer without holding tanks?  Is it going to be at rv parks, and campgrounds or some place different?

Note also some FEMA trailers do have holding tanks, and just had a PVC 3 inch threaded stub glued on in place of the bayonet fitting.

Pardon me if you feel I am just being nosey but it seems you are getting good advice on fittings.  My question is what do you plan to do with this trailer?  Will be be a permanent setup to a sewer system or do you plan to hit the road with it.  IIRC FEMA trailers do not have a grey or black tank (which you mentioned) so that would really make it restrictive to use in travel.  Sorry but inquiring minds would like to know but can understand if you don't feel I need to..........lol

Looks like Issac beat me to the question.

Bill

Thanks for the reply's. Think I will go with Gary's solution. For those who are curious I am planning on permanently locating my trailer at the hunting camp for us girls to have an indoor heated toilet and bunk house. The guys can keep ruffing it with the outhouse and portable building. We will be installing a septic tank in the near future but I will need to use a portable septic for the next couple of weekends. I bought the Rhino septic with the bayonet connection. Don't want to hard plumb it at this time because other family members are talking about purchasing RVs and I might want to let them use my septic before they leave for home.

This may be what you need then just a short piece of pipe to connect the two:

https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-T50-Hub-Valve-Assembly/dp/B00594B1KA

https://www.amazon.com/NIBCO-Fitting-Adapter-Schedule-Female/dp/B002E866D6/ref=pd_bxgy_263_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B002E866D6&pd_rd_r=c8cfc432-e12c-11e8-91a1-219660d24dcd&pd_rd_w=oc07k&pd_rd_wg=ZS9Mj&pf_rd_i=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=6725dbd6-9917-451d-beba-16af7874e407&pf_rd_r=R08GNHXM6FPX7Y05RFM4&pf_rd_s=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=R08GNHXM6FPX7Y05RFM4

Back
Top Bottom